AVS Discussions

Audio => Receivers => Topic started by: Barry on November 23, 2019, 04:25:03 PM

Title: Marantz 7011 Sub display
Post by: Barry on November 23, 2019, 04:25:03 PM
 I am having a silly problem with my Marantz 7011.
 
Of course I can see some of the setting looking right at the front and when I open the window on the front I see more settings.
 
However, on page 24 of the manual, on the “FRONT” display pages, there is a page called SUB DISPLAY.  Where the heck is that? I cannot find it. Anyone have any suggestions?


Title: Re: Marantz 7011 Sub display
Post by: TRainH2O on November 24, 2019, 11:23:42 AM
Barry, I sold my Marantz preamp a few years ago so I'm working from memory. I think that any reference to sub display means the larger display that you see after you flip the front panel down. It is much larger than the "porthole" display and really is the main display for all the details.
Title: Re: Marantz 7011 Sub display
Post by: Barry on November 24, 2019, 02:13:55 PM
Thanx Tracy:

Except when I do that I do not get that display. I wonder if something is wrong on the unit.
Title: Re: Marantz 7011 Sub display
Post by: AVSMike on November 24, 2019, 02:17:29 PM
Thanx Tracy:

Except when I do that I do not get that display. I wonder if something is wrong on the unit.
What do you mean? When you flip the door down, is it blank? 
Title: Re: Marantz 7011 Sub display
Post by: TRainH2O on November 24, 2019, 06:24:45 PM
What do you mean? When you flip the door down, is it blank?
Yes, you should see the display, lit, underneath the flip-down panel. If you don't your unit is defective.
Title: Re: Marantz 7011 Sub display
Post by: TRainH2O on November 24, 2019, 06:26:19 PM
Thanx Tracy:

Except when I do that I do not get that display. I wonder if something is wrong on the unit.
I seem to remember there was an option to vary the brightness of that display. Look for a button on the remote and front of the unit, after you flip down the front panel.
Title: Re: Marantz 7011 Sub display
Post by: AVSjd on November 25, 2019, 02:59:03 AM
I am having a silly problem with my Marantz 7011.
 
Of course I can see some of the setting looking right at the front and when I open the window on the front I see more settings.
 
However, on page 24 of the manual, on the “FRONT” display pages, there is a page called SUB DISPLAY.  Where the heck is that? I cannot find it. Anyone have any suggestions?
As you can see from the images provided in the Owner's manual, the "MAIN" display is considered the porthole (p. 22 Owner's manual), while the "SUB DISPLAY" is the 2 line display under the front panel flap (p. 24 Owner's manual).  This "Sub Display" should be lighted as long as PURE DIRECT mode isn't selected and as long as the "Front Display - Dimmer" setting (p. 260 Owner's manual) is not set to OFF.

If the above settings are not the cause of the blank "Sub Display", then try doing a "soft reset" of the AVR by powering it OFF and unplugging the power cable for 10 minutes.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal