AVS Discussions
Audio => Receivers => Topic started by: AVSCraig on October 25, 2016, 12:20:00 PM
-
I was able to download the new DD/DTS cross-mix firmware update to my X7200WA last night ( thanks for the heads up JD :) ). Not a lot of time to test it out, but so far, so good !
-
i THOUGHT i liked neural X.....but now after so much time being able to do back to dolby surround.....DS is MUCH better on all content...but thats my opinion only
-
The DTS:X soundtrack on the Blu Ray " Nerve " really sounded outstanding on my X7200WA, especially with 11.2 channels ! Great audio track !
-
Purchase an X7200WA (1 in stock unit only for this promo) and receive a free HEOS 5 HS2 Wifi/Bluetooth speaker (MSRP $399) (white only, and then only if still available).
-
D&M has confirmed that both of their current "flagship" models (ie. AV8802A and the X7200WA) will receive both the Dolby Vision and HLG updates via a firmware update likely to be released around the first quarter of 2018. Note the emphasis on the "A" models only.
-
NICE !
-
NICE !
I second this
What is HLG
-
I second this
What is HLG
Hybrid Log Gamma ( HDTV HDR that's coming supposedly, or maybe some folks already have it ).
-
My X7200WA continues to be the best receiver I've owned yet. I re-ran Audyssey since I had moved my seating location, and it yielded even better sound than before !
-
How close are you to your screen now, Craig? (and remind me of the size)
-
How close are you to your screen now, Craig? (and remind me of the size)
10' from a 118" wide / 128" diagonal 2.35:1 screen, and 10' 6" from a 123" diagonal 16:9 screen ( back to back Stewart electric screens )
(https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18518073_10212912926518960_3854838832667901200_o.jpg?oh=99ee90a6402c5e0673cdea78336a78e4&oe=59E6F96E)
-
Hybrid Log Gamma ( HDTV HDR that's coming supposedly, or maybe some folks already have it ).
Some YouTube clips are encoded with HLG HDR. The Chromecast Ultra can play the YouTube HLG videos; currently limited to some LG and Vizio TV sets.
This year's JVC projectors are supposed to support HLG but I haven't heard of anyone successfully displaying YouTube HLG HDR using a Chromecast Ultra.
-
As the "flagship" X7200WA won't be replaced until spring 2018, we continue to have this model available for purchase. Call for pricing if interested.