AVS Discussions
Home Theater Construction => Design => Topic started by: cazzara on November 19, 2019, 02:59:20 PM
-
Hey everyone. Question.
Currently have a 5.1 system with Klipsch Reference Series. The fronts and center are in my entertainment center. My rear's are in the ceiling as I have no back wall in the room.
Was thinking of cutting the cord and going straight streaming and as part of it thought I would try and add 2 more speakers to get an Atmos setup. My receiver is the Denon AVR-X3400. Where could I put the other 2 speakers since I dont have a back wall to mount them to?
-
Hey everyone. Question.
Currently have a 5.1 system with Klipsch Reference Series. The fronts and center are in my entertainment center. My rear's are in the ceiling as I have no back wall in the room.
Was thinking of cutting the cord and going straight streaming and as part of it thought I would try and add 2 more speakers to get an Atmos setup. My receiver is the Denon AVR-X3400. Where could I put the other 2 speakers since I dont have a back wall to mount them to?
What about side surrounds ? And two over head speakers for 9 channels ? Seems like side surrounds are basic though.
-
Given the room setup (open floor plan) there are really no room for sides either. I was thinking of the add-on modules for on top of my entertainment center. It would either be that, or putting another 2 speakers in the celing - that would give me 4 in the ceiling and 3 in the entertainment center (L,C,R)
-
Well, with no side walls, it has to be in ceiling speakers. You don't really have any choice.