AVS Discussions

Audio => Subwoofers => Topic started by: AVSCraig on November 06, 2019, 09:15:36 AM

Title: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: AVSCraig on November 06, 2019, 09:15:36 AM
How many subwoofers are you running in your theater ? I currently have four - two SVS PC 12 Plus cylinders in the back of my theater, and two SVS SB2000 subs in the front. How about you ?
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: AVSMike on November 06, 2019, 09:42:59 AM
Running six in my room, but my baffle wall mounted LCR's also have 18's in them. All subs are sealed subs.

8CF with 18" REXXX
4CF with 18" Malstrom-X
Two 4CF with 18" HT18D2's
Two 2CF with 12" TC Sounds drivers.

The SI 18's are also mounted in my baffle wall. So that gives me five 18's up front. 

Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: AVSCraig on November 06, 2019, 10:05:04 AM
Running six in my room, but my baffle wall mounted LCR's also have 18's in them. All subs are sealed subs.

8CF with 18" REXXX
4CF with 18" Malstrom-X
Two 4CF with 18" HT18D2's
Two 2CF with 12" TC Sounds drivers.

The SI 18's are also mounted in my baffle wall. So that gives me five 18's up front.

And your room isn't that large if I recall. :-[
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: AVSMike on November 06, 2019, 10:56:33 AM
And your room isn't that large if I recall. :-[
Not that large, but opens to a larger room. Just have black velvet curtains at the entrance.
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: David Vaughn on November 06, 2019, 11:54:17 AM
I currently have five, although two are stacked and bridged and are treated as one...so I guess 4 :). They are SVS-PC Ultra, HSU VTF-15H MK2, SVS SB-3000, and stacked JL Audio Dominion D110s. 

Yesterday I just received dual JL Audio F110s (ver.2) for review as well. Kinda wish they were the F112s :)
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: AVSCraig on November 06, 2019, 12:03:04 PM
I currently have five, although two are stacked and bridged and are treated as one...so I guess 4 :). They are SVS-PC Ultra, HSU VTF-15H MK2, SVS SB-3000, and stacked JL Audio Dominion D110s.

Yesterday I just received dual JL Audio F110s (ver.2) for review as well. Kinda wish they were the F112s :)
Those are expensive little beasts. :-[
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: David Vaughn on November 06, 2019, 02:24:31 PM
Those are expensive little beasts. :-[
Yes...Hopefully I'll get them installed late today because I'm leaving town on a business trip until late Saturday night. 
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: TRainH2O on November 06, 2019, 06:48:57 PM
I used to run two, an SVS and Klipsch, but have replaced both with one GoldenEar SuperSub XL.

It is a BEAST and easily outpaces my former subs in my room, which isn't small. I keep thinking about buying another one but I have a few projects, some non-theater related, to take care of first.

Upon further consideration, my GoldenEar Triton Ones that I am using as my main left and right, have built-in self-powered subs, so........maybe three subs.
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: AVSJason on November 07, 2019, 11:16:26 AM
I always want to add more myself, I currently have 2 Klipsch R-12SW subs. My room isnt the largest so they offer plenty of bass. Still wouldnt mind a couple more though. 
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: AVSCraig on November 07, 2019, 12:39:19 PM
I have two more SVS SB2000's coming, for added omph ! 8)
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: TRainH2O on November 07, 2019, 12:58:35 PM
I always want to add more myself, I currently have 2 Klipsch R-12SW subs. My room isnt the largest so they offer plenty of bass. Still wouldnt mind a couple more though.
If I am not mistaken, the R 12SW is 50% off for the next few days. Might be worth taking a look if you are looking to buy more.
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: tripplej on November 07, 2019, 04:24:31 PM
I have 2 Paradigm SE subs. Very good subs for my needs. :)
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: Waboman on November 08, 2019, 12:35:48 AM
Only two JL F113's.
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: TRainH2O on November 08, 2019, 10:49:31 AM
Only two JL F113's.
"Only" two? 8)

Man, those are beasts.
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: AVSMike on November 08, 2019, 11:46:10 AM
This is my beast of a driver. Have it mounted in an 8CF box and feeding it about 2,000 watts.
https://data-bass.com/#/drivers/5bec61287950b30004de5b98?_k=tqwqf2 (https://data-bass.com/#/drivers/5bec61287950b30004de5b98?_k=tqwqf2)
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: Waboman on November 09, 2019, 05:29:55 PM
"Only" two? 8)

Man, those are beasts.
Yeah, I really like 'em.  But you know, could always use more.;)  Waiting for @davevaughn to send me a couple of his 30+ subs.:P
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: David Vaughn on November 10, 2019, 12:42:19 AM
Yeah, I really like 'em.  But you know, could always use more.;)  Waiting for @davevaughn to send me a couple of his 30+ subs.:P
I only have 29 ;)
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: Franin on November 10, 2019, 05:57:59 AM
I have 4 Fathoms F112 in 3.8m Wide x 5.03m Length
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: AVSCraig on November 19, 2019, 02:11:45 PM
Two pair of SVS SB2000's in the front now ! Hidden.
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: AVSCraig on November 19, 2019, 02:31:02 PM
And two PS12 Plus subs in the back ! LFE is sounding awesome. Better still when my 10 additional bass traps get here. 8)
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: AVSCraig on September 03, 2020, 10:36:33 AM
I needed to update my subs - 

Two SVS SB4000 subs ( rear of room ) - new !
Four SVS SB2000 subs ( front of room )
Mini DSP HD
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: AVSMike on September 03, 2020, 12:14:06 PM
Six DIY 18's and my DIY LCR's also have 18's in them. :)
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: JvcNativeLCOS on December 16, 2020, 12:43:17 PM
I just run 1 subwoofer. For now at least. A SVS PC 2000. Not the pro version. Planning to up it to 2 SVS pc 4000’s. 
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: Paul Heroy on December 17, 2020, 01:26:35 AM
I've had a "Living Room theater" in both my current and previous houses. Previous home with a mid size room I had an SVS PC 20-39. It's not currently in use, I should donate it or something at this point. Since moving in Jan 2014 I have had a couple of Hsu VTF-15H (1st gen not Mk 2), placed in front right and rear right of the room. I was a bit lucky to even pull that off - I had them delivered to the new house and had them "squatted" before we moved in, heh.

Edit: The Mk2 was just about to come out when I purchased in Dec 2013, but part of the deal was I had to have something with a furniture look so the Rosenut Hsu finish was a deciding factor, and it wasn't available for the Mk 2 until a good bit later.
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: bmoney on December 17, 2020, 08:34:42 AM
i have 4- DIY 18's i really want to build 2 more (I have the room) but really dont NEED them lol
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: AVSCraig on December 17, 2020, 11:41:18 AM
I've had a "Living Room theater" in both my current and previous houses. Previous home with a mid size room I had an SVS PC 20-39. It's not currently in use, I should donate it or something at this point. Since moving in Jan 2014 I have had a couple of Hsu VTF-15H (1st gen not Mk 2), placed in front right and rear right of the room. I was a bit lucky to even pull that off - I had them delivered to the new house and had them "squatted" before we moved in, heh.

Edit: The Mk2 was just about to come out when I purchased in Dec 2013, but part of the deal was I had to have something with a furniture look so the Rosenut Hsu finish was a deciding factor, and it wasn't available for the Mk 2 until a good bit later.
I had one of those for years. Loved it. I sold it after getting a PC12 Plus so I could run two PC12 Plus cylinders. I guess is was a " gateway sub " to more and stronger subs ! ::)
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: bmoney on December 17, 2020, 02:10:21 PM
i had one of the OG 20-39cs then upgraded to the 20-39cs+ both were powered by a samson1000 rack amp.  back when all SVS sold was Cylinder subs. 
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: David Vaughn on December 17, 2020, 04:02:33 PM
i had one of the OG 20-39cs then upgraded to the 20-39cs+ both were powered by a samson1000 rack amp.  back when all SVS sold was Cylinder subs.
I still have a PC-Ultra. Along with my M&K speakers, it's my oldest piece of gear. I bought them both the same year, but I'm not sure which came into the room first. 
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: claw on December 17, 2020, 04:20:31 PM
Two PSA 18".    In a 20' wide by 40' long room with carpet on concrete, I need to add two or four more.

(https://i.imgur.com/WfDHuDV.jpg)
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: David Vaughn on December 17, 2020, 04:21:36 PM
Two PSA 18".    In a 20' wide by 40' long room with carpet on concrete, I need to add two or four more.

(https://i.imgur.com/WfDHuDV.jpg)
Definitely more along with a MiniDSP :)
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: AVSMike on December 17, 2020, 06:00:52 PM
One REXXX in 8.0CF: https://data-bass.com/#/drivers/5bec61287950b30004de5b98?_k=6gjol5 (https://data-bass.com/#/drivers/5bec61287950b30004de5b98?_k=6gjol5)
Two HT-18D2 in 4.0CF each: https://data-bass.com/#/drivers/5b9828ddc8a5ec000443d374?_k=hosd2i (https://data-bass.com/#/drivers/5b9828ddc8a5ec000443d374?_k=hosd2i)
Two UM18-22 in 4.0CF each: https://data-bass.com/#/drivers/5b77254ffd9e4b0004914621?_k=7g4a2u (https://data-bass.com/#/drivers/5b77254ffd9e4b0004914621?_k=7g4a2u)
One Maelstrom-X 18" driver in 4.0CF (Can't find the specs on this one, but a good cut above the UM18-22's)
Three TD18H+ drivers in 4.0CF: https://data-bass.com/#/drivers/5bb3ddea507b2c0004b32ab0?_k=kcawt0 (https://data-bass.com/#/drivers/5bb3ddea507b2c0004b32ab0?_k=kcawt0)

The TD18H+ drivers are the lower woofer in my LCR's. I use a MiniDSP10x10 For PEQ for my subs. 
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: bmoney on December 17, 2020, 06:07:44 PM
i went on a crazy sub journey 

started with some sony 12" that was well thought of, then the CS subs.  then a few svs subs.  then a few PSA subs.  then once i built my theater went all DIY.  def the best bang for the buck
Title: Re: How Many Subs Do You Have ?
Post by: rg4471 on February 16, 2022, 08:26:26 AM
I have basically 4 locations using a total of 18 drivers of 12” subs.  They are made by Ken Kreisel and Legacy Audio.  Most of them are stacked to reduce the footprint and make it easier to calibrate. 
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal