AVS Discussions
Projectors => Premium Projectors => Topic started by: ericglo on September 16, 2019, 08:43:40 PM
-
Has anyone with any credibility seen this pj?
https://www.tvspecialists.com/jvc-dla-nx7-vs-epson-pro-cinema-6050ub-vs-tvs-pro-theo-z65-part-i/
Dunnmunro(?) has been hyping them and mentioned that a calibrator they met at Cedia is going to take a look at it? Kris Deering?
-
Has anyone with any credibility seen this pj?
https://www.tvspecialists.com/jvc-dla-nx7-vs-epson-pro-cinema-6050ub-vs-tvs-pro-theo-z65-part-i/
Dunnmunro(?) has been hyping them and mentioned that a calibrator they met at Cedia is going to take a look at it? Kris Deering?
;D The Optima UHZ65?;D :o
-
Yes, but TVSpros says it is better than a JVC and Epson. I hear they are the best review site on the planet.
-
Am I the only one seeing the massive uniformity problems with the UHZ65, I mean TheoZ65? A lot of the differences in these photos look related to gamma. When most of the image characteristics are the same or similar (calibrated brightness and subjective detail and resolution), how is the massive advantage in contrast and black level not a winning feature for the JVC? The fringing issues cannot be seen from a normal seated distance and even then, up close to the screen, I personally haven't seen a JVC that bad before. I'm wondering if no convergence correction has been done?
-
I actually haven't read or watched the review yet. After seeing every DLP fanatic on AVS (Ruined etc) use TVSpros reviews to validate the quality of these pjs, it is hard for me to give them any credibility. I think I told Mike that they are like the new PJC. The more those fan boys promote them the less I can take.
I threw this out there to get some feedback as I couldn't see how they could go into the pj and modify to make it a supposed world beater. It kind of reminds me of a certain DIY screen guru and BFF of Mike.;D
All of that being said, I will give them credit if they actually got an expert calibrator to take a look at their pj and give honest feedback.
-
I would love for Kris to do a shootout with the TheoZ65 and the RS2000. Show the measurements and let the projectors speak for themselves.
-
I would love to see that as well. Why do I get the feeling it will be some calibrator that no has ever heard of?
-
It doesn't matter. Those who want to believe the TVS review will ignore or make excuses. When there is a "buy it now" button on the bottom of a review page, you know something is up. I'm not saying that review is lying, but some things are obviously embellished.
Does anyone know what film this shot is from?
(https://tvspro-816a.kxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/WidedetailCC.jpg)
-
The review said it was an image, so maybe it is something off of the Diversified HDR10 disc that they mentioned earlier in the review.
-
I did finally read the review.
I give them credit as they said that some had said they had chose a winner when they said that wasn't the case. My fault for letting Dunn put words in their mouth. It also sounds like they are reading AVS. They should be given credit for using Calman and Spears, but they didn't mention what instrument they used (unless I missed it).
I was with them till they got to contrast. Where in the world is Darinp?;)
There were other nitpicks, but it was hardly the fanboy slamdunk that Dunn made it out to be.
Hopefully, TVSpro will give us the info on which calibrator they have doing the review.
-
I never updated this. As a lot here know, Kris visited them and did some videos. Major credit to TVSpro for going to that length with their products.
https://www.tvspecialists.com/custom-home-theater/#blogs