AVS Discussions

Projection Screens => 2.35:1 Screens / lenses => Topic started by: Spw70 on August 16, 2019, 12:50:44 PM

Title: Anamorphic lens— newbie help
Post by: Spw70 on August 16, 2019, 12:50:44 PM
I just wanted to reach out as I had some general questions that I hope could be quickly answered. Just starting a new theater build, probably going to get a jvc nx7.  I really like the idea of using a A lens with it. Question is- can I use one of the older panamorph lenses with it or one of the others (isco, ect...)? 

Sharp picture and extra brightness is my main focus, aside from aspect ratio. But dont want to spend thousands. Would like to keep in $1500 and hopefully way lower range.  Any suggestions on specific lenses to look for would be greatly appreciated. 
Ty much
Title: Re: Anamorphic lens— newbie help
Post by: AVSMike on August 16, 2019, 02:10:08 PM
Yes you can. What lens are you considering? Sent you a PM. :)
I know of a Cinevista that you could get real cheap. 
Title: Re: Anamorphic lens— newbie help
Post by: NBPk402 on August 19, 2019, 02:24:55 PM
I have a Panamorph UHD that has a defect in the lower corner that an am selling if you are interested. The defect is not viewable when watching a movie at all. I used to use it with my Panasonic ae8000, and it worked fine.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal