AVS Discussions

Movie and TV Discussion => Movie reviews => Topic started by: tgm1024 on July 25, 2019, 10:24:09 PM

Title: Shouldn't you want in-theater reviews?
Post by: tgm1024 on July 25, 2019, 10:24:09 PM
I don't have a stake in this either way, but it seems to me that before you can decide on whether or not to search for and wait for a BD of a particular movie, you need to know if the movie is worth it or not.  And that first happens in-theater.

I guess to me, it seems like whether it's available on disc or only in the theaters is just an ancillary detail.  I'd rather have the information on it sooner than later, and sooner is always in-theater, no?
Title: Re: Shouldn't you want in-theater reviews?
Post by: Barry on July 26, 2019, 12:13:51 AM
I have been posting for months reviews of New movies, often the day that they Premier! Just check the site under ‘New Movies.”
Title: Re: Shouldn't you want in-theater reviews?
Post by: AVSCraig on July 26, 2019, 01:07:26 PM
I don't have a stake in this either way, but it seems to me that before you can decide on whether or not to search for and wait for a BD of a particular movie, you need to know if the movie is worth it or not.  And that first happens in-theater.

I guess to me, it seems like whether it's available on disc or only in the theaters is just an ancillary detail.  I'd rather have the information on it sooner than later, and sooner is always in-theater, no?
Before I actually buy a movie, I will have read the reviews at Rotten Tomatoes, my movie nut friends, and probably Digital Bits, High Def Digest and Blu-ray.com. And maybe watched an online trailer. And read a review here. ;)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal