AVS Discussions

AV Science => Introduce Yourself => Topic started by: tgm1024 on July 17, 2019, 03:41:29 PM

Title: Well, hello.
Post by: tgm1024 on July 17, 2019, 03:41:29 PM
Nice to see a new place!  Hope to meet many of you online over time.

Curious though: Anyone else here actually demand that their account be terminated from the dark side (>cough<, the other avs) like I did?

I have no idea what caused them to descend into (https://media.giphy.com/media/XVdZZ0qhvKGLm/giphy.gif), but I had had it.  Just couldn't have my login name associated with them any longer.

If I were to guess, aside from 2 exceptional people, they were suffering from a problem related to attracting moderators who moderate for ego-driven reasons.  And just like many of you here, oh, do I have a story or two.....

Title: Re: Well, hello.
Post by: AVSCraig on July 17, 2019, 04:07:59 PM
Hi ! I think some have left " the Dark Side " like you, and some were terminated by said egotistical moderators. Anyway, welcome ! :)
Title: Re: Well, hello.
Post by: HomeTheaterGuy on July 17, 2019, 04:58:56 PM
Welcome! This is where the cool kids hang out, now.
Title: Re: Well, hello.
Post by: AVSMike on July 17, 2019, 05:10:29 PM
Welcome. Happy to have you here. Please join in and post about home theater with us. :) I don't post as much on the other site, because there is a dealer (forum sponsor) over there that reports many of my posts to moderators, so I have to be very careful what I say over there.
Title: Re: Well, hello.
Post by: tgm1024 on July 17, 2019, 10:54:40 PM
Welcome! This is where the cool kids hang out, now.

Well, so long as you welcome geeks too, I'm in!  :)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal