AVS Discussions

Video Source Devices => Streaming Devices => Topic started by: Barry on July 15, 2019, 01:35:08 AM

Title: 4k fire stick attach to TV or receiver.
Post by: Barry on July 15, 2019, 01:35:08 AM
i just bought an Amazon Firestick because it was on sale for$25.

But now imhave a choice. Should I attach it to my tv (lg 65 0led) and have the sound go into my amp, which it is already set up.

Or hould i attach it my marantz 7011 and have the video go to the tv which is already set up?
Title: Re: 4k fire stick attach to TV or receiver.
Post by: David Vaughn on July 15, 2019, 06:08:41 AM
If your AVR has a MHL port, then use that. It's much simpler that way. 
Title: Re: 4k fire stick attach to TV or receiver.
Post by: TRainH2O on July 15, 2019, 11:16:27 AM
If your AVR has a MHL port, then use that. It's much simpler that way.
What's the advantage of using a MHL port with a Fire Stick other than freeing up a HDMI input? You would need a HDMI to MHL adapter as the Fire Stick (at least the one that we have) is HDMI.

Title: Re: 4k fire stick attach to TV or receiver.
Post by: TRainH2O on July 15, 2019, 11:22:02 AM
As for connection options, I'd say it's pretty much a tossup. 

The 4K Fire Stick can pass up to 7.1 Atmos audio and HD10+ on the video side. As long as your display can pass those two and you have ARC implemented, I'm not sure it matters where you plug it in.
Title: Re: 4k fire stick attach to TV or receiver.
Post by: AVSCraig on April 04, 2020, 03:50:50 PM
I got an Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K this week, to take advantage of the free streaming going on during the corona virus quarantine. This thing works great for my needs. Picard and a few other shows I sampled look really good on my RS4500. It upscales everything to 4K, and I have to say I was impressed last night how good Picard looked. For $49.00 I have zero complaints ! 
Title: Re: 4k fire stick attach to TV or receiver.
Post by: claw on April 04, 2020, 08:33:16 PM
If you have an Atmos speaker setup then you want to connect the stick to the AVR.   LG OLEDs will only output Atmos over ARC from the internal Apps.
Title: Re: 4k fire stick attach to TV or receiver.
Post by: AVSCraig on April 05, 2020, 12:15:56 PM
That's where I have mine connected. For simplicity sake I just plugged it into an HDMI input on my Denon X8500 for now. Works perfectly. 
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal