AVS Discussions
Projectors => Calibration => Topic started by: AVSCraig on June 12, 2019, 12:51:38 PM
-
Kris Deering will be doing a home theater calibration tour in Northern California / Bay Area in early August. Contact him here for more info or to get on his list - https://www.deepdiveav.com (https://www.deepdiveav.com/)
-
I just got an email regarding Chad B. - " Chad will be touring your area: January 20th - February 7th ". I don't know if he has openings available ( I'm all set myself right now ), but if you need a calibration, you might contact him.
http://www.hdtvbychadb.com/ (http://www.hdtvbychadb.com/)
-
I did too, for the Sac area. I was hoping to have a Lumagen for him or Kris to set up by now but not in the cards. The RS500 will just get a good curve and his magic for now. I only have maybe 40 hours on the bulb, I better finish breaking it in, or so I'm told...
-
I did too, for the Sac area. I was hoping to have a Lumagen for him or Kris to set up by now but not in the cards. The RS500 will just get a good curve and his magic for now. I only have maybe 40 hours on the bulb, I better finish breaking it in, or so I'm told...
I'm in Cameron Park - not far from you.
-
I figured you were somewhere nearby. I like that town! The airport is really cool.
BTW, can I figure the bulb/colors have stabilized enough for calibration by about 100 hours? More?
-
I figured you were somewhere nearby. I like that town! The airport is really cool.
BTW, can I figure the bulb/colors have stabilized enough for calibration by about 100 hours? More?
100 hours should be fine. It's also so you can make sure the lamp isn't defective.
-
Awesome, thanks Craig.
-
Quick follow up for anyone considering a calibration and/or Chad B's services. He absolutely killed it today. My RS-500 was so dim it was unwatchable with UHD films and he completely turned it into an outstanding experience! Without hesitation worth the price of his services. He also helped set up my Vertex2, dialed in the Oppo 203, and dealt with my room's idiosyncrasies without missing a beat. I'm amazed at what the projector's image looks like now. Surely positive feedback for Chad.
-
Quick follow up for anyone considering a calibration and/or Chad B's services. He absolutely killed it today. My RS-500 was so dim it was unwatchable with UHD films and he completely turned it into an outstanding experience! Without hesitation worth the price of his services. He also helped set up my Vertex2, dialed in the Oppo 203, and dealt with my room's idiosyncrasies without missing a beat. I'm amazed at what the projector's image looks like now. Surely positive feedback for Chad.
He does an outstanding job - sounds like you are going to have a much better home theater experience now !
-
Any input on a calibrator in the Sacramento area? Hoping to have a new TV in the house soon and would really like to have a cal done on this one. Last time I had one was around 2010 on my old RPCRT from Chuck from Lion AV, but he's long moved to Palm Springs from San Francisco so that's out.
-
Any input on a calibrator in the Sacramento area? Hoping to have a new TV in the house soon and would really like to have a cal done on this one. Last time I had one was around 2010 on my old RPCRT from Chuck from Lion AV, but he's long moved to Palm Springs from San Francisco so that's out.
I'd suggest Kris Deering (Deep Dive AV) who makes trips to California from his home in Washington. He's one of the best out there.
-
Thanks! I'll look them up.
-
Thanks! I'll look them up.
https://www.deepdiveav.com/ (https://www.deepdiveav.com/)
-
Thanks, just emailed. Didn't remember that he was the subject of the OP woops :-[