AVS Discussions

Video Source Devices => Streaming Devices => Topic started by: NBPk402 on December 09, 2016, 09:26:23 AM

Title: Amazon 4k Streaming
Post by: NBPk402 on December 09, 2016, 09:26:23 AM
Last night i finally got a chance to watch"Top Gear"(the Car show not the Tom Cruise movei) on Amazon, and I was surprised that it is a 4k stream...free if you are a Amazon Prime Subscriber too. This is the first time i have seen 4k on our Fp, and i must say it looked great!
Title: Re: Amazon 4k Streaming
Post by: claw on December 09, 2016, 12:10:35 PM
A couple of other 4K titles you might want to check out:

Goliath
The Man in The High Castle

This one has bright HDR like Top Gear does but I just couldn't get into either the story or the main characters. And I wasn't the only one since a season 2 has been canceled.

Mad Dogs

These two I plan to watch eventually:

Bosch
Mozart in the Jungle
Title: Re: Amazon 4k Streaming
Post by: NBPk402 on December 09, 2016, 12:31:23 PM
A couple of other 4K titles you might want to check out:

Goliath
The Man in The High Castle

This one has bright HDR like Top Gear does but I just couldn't get into either the story or the main characters. And I wasn't the only one since a season 2 has been canceled.

Mad Dogs

These two I plan to watch eventually:

Bosch
Mozart in the Jungle
Is Bosch now streamed in 4K too? I watched it a while back, but if there are newer ones, I need to check them out too.
Title: Re: Amazon 4k Streaming
Post by: claw on December 09, 2016, 12:53:14 PM
Yes.  Both seasons of Bosch are 4k.

With the Samsung UHD player, I used to have to scroll down the long list of categories to find UHD Prime TV entries.   Otherwise you get the HD version.   But lately it seems the UHD categories are at the top of the list for me.
Title: Re: Amazon 4k Streaming
Post by: NBPk402 on December 09, 2016, 01:25:27 PM
Yes.  Both seasons of Bosch are 4k.

With the Samsung UHD player, I used to have to scroll down the long list of categories to find UHD Prime TV entries.   Otherwise you get the HD version.   But lately it seems the UHD categories are at the top of the list for me.
Did they only do 2 seasons...if so I might have seen all of them already in 1080p from Amazon.
Title: Re: Amazon 4k Streaming
Post by: Ron Jones on January 23, 2017, 05:48:45 PM
Did they only do 2 seasons...if so I might have seen all of them already in 1080p from Amazon.

Only 2 seasons of Bosch, so far.  Season 3 coming soon.  All were shot in 4K.
Title: Re: Amazon 4k Streaming
Post by: NBPk402 on January 29, 2017, 01:31:08 PM
Just got done watching season 1 Sneaky Pete...really liked it, but it sure didn't seem to be 4k.
Title: Re: Amazon 4k Streaming
Post by: AVSCraig on January 30, 2017, 03:26:00 PM
Just got done watching season 1 Sneaky Pete...really liked it, but it sure didn't seem to be 4k.

I watch a lot of HDTV that winds up not seeming to be full 1080p either. Compression - I don't like it !
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal