AVS Discussions
Flat Panels => 4K UltraHD => Topic started by: tripplej on April 22, 2019, 10:27:05 PM
-
from engadget (https://www.engadget.com/2019/04/22/sony-2019-tv-pricing/),
"Sony is finally nearing the release of its 2019 TV line (https://www.engadget.com/2019/01/07/sony-8k-oled-4k-ces-2019/), and you'd better brace for impact if you're hoping to buy one of its highest-end models. The company has detailed (https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sony-electronics-unveils-pricing-and-availability-for-new-flagship-master-series-tvs-and-other-2019-models-300835346.html) pricing and availability for the sets, and the 8K-capable Master Series Z9G will start at $13,000 for an 85-inch model when the series arrives in June, and a mind-numbing $70,000 for the 98-inch star attraction. While that's more affordable than Samsung's $100,000 Q900 (https://www.engadget.com/2019/01/07/samsung-q900-8k-tvs/), it still makes the Z9G virtually inaccessible for anyone but wealthy viewers who insist on the best -- and don't mind that 8K content is still very rare (https://www.engadget.com/2018/12/01/8k-japan-tv/), for that matter."
(https://o.aolcdn.com/images/dims?quality=85&image_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.com%2Fimages%2Fdims%3Fcrop%3D1600%252C1067%252C0%252C0%26quality%3D85%26format%3Djpg%26resize%3D1600%252C1067%26image_uri%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fs.yimg.com%252Fos%252Fcreatr-uploaded-images%252F2019-04%252F86576a70-6547-11e9-b78a-6cf72ff0752e%26client%3Da1acac3e1b3290917d92%26signature%3Ddf6c82ff3539b07b6cb63d125593409ec13b3e35&client=amp-blogside-v2&signature=db2a1fe0a8e158c71623376c8124a754ecab32d5)
-
Lot of money for a TV.
-
I am waiting for holographic TV. :)
-
Makes my RS4500 and a 128" diagonal screen look downright cheap ! ;D
-
It’s $250 more than I can afford.
-
I need an upgrade to enjoy all the 8K source material that's available. I'm starting a Go Fund Me page.
-
It’s $250 more than I can afford.
I will eat the $250. Just send check for $69,750. :P
-
Makes my RS4500 and a 128" diagonal screen look downright cheap ! ;D
That's the thing. Anyone who can afford this TV can surely spend the money on an RS3000 or RS4500, buy a much larger Stewart screen, and probably already has a room they can remodel to get "dark"...and yet save a ton of money still.
-
That's the thing. Anyone who can afford this TV can surely spend the money on an RS3000 or RS4500, buy a much larger Stewart screen, and probably already has a room they can remodel to get "dark"...and yet save a ton of money still.
Exactly David...unless you have people who just want to brag that they paid $70,000 for their TV. I be they will be the only guy in the neighborhood who has one :) (Everyone else is smart...he's dumb. The old saying, a fool and his money parts ways!).
-
It is a long wait to get one of these. Sony builds them to order. Had a customer that was going to buy one of the earlier versions, but did not want to wait six to eight weeks, so he purchased something else.