AVS Discussions

Audio => Preamps/Preamp-processors => Topic started by: Barry on April 21, 2019, 11:57:22 PM

Title: Looking to replace my Krell 707 AV preamp
Post by: Barry on April 21, 2019, 11:57:22 PM
I am pleased with my Krell 707 surround sound processor, especially since it is also a great 2 channel pre amp. i use it for cds, phono and fm too!

But it is getting dated. It cannot do 4k, nor Dolby Atmos. I also want a processor with treble controls. Believe it or not, the 707 has a bit of that but the people at  Krell forgot how to use them.

In that line of quality, do you have any suggestions?
Title: Re: Looking to replace my Krell 707 AV preamp
Post by: TRainH2O on April 22, 2019, 06:24:31 PM
I have the Anthem AVM-60 and last I heard David does as well.

For movies, it's the best preamp that I have ever owned and slays my former Marantz. However, I am doubtful that you will find anything that will be as satisfying as your 707 for two-channel music. As good as the AVM-60 is, for music, I bet you would like the 707 better.

The best of both worlds would be the Anthem for movies and a two-channel preamp for music that will work in HT bypass mode. I think the new Anthem STR and Classe' CP-800 both will. 

I'm a little behind with Krell but I would assume they have a two-channel preamp that will as well.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal