AVS Discussions

General => Misc. Fun Stuff => Topic started by: tripplej on April 05, 2019, 09:00:28 AM

Title: AMC is showing all 22 Marvel movies in an insane 59-hour marathon
Post by: tripplej on April 05, 2019, 09:00:28 AM
from avclub (https://news.avclub.com/say-goodbye-to-sleep-amc-is-showing-all-22-marvel-movi-1833744968),

Quote
"Starting on April 23, AMC will show all 22 MCU movies in a massive Marvel movie marathon (https://twitter.com/AMCTheatres/status/1113059779067277312) that asks the true diehards to prove their fandom once and for all by sacrificing sleep and body hygiene."
=======

All right, who is up for this ??
Title: Re: AMC is showing all 22 Marvel movies in an insane 59-hour marathon
Post by: AVSLaurie on April 05, 2019, 10:18:36 AM
Is it at all the AMC theaters?
Title: Re: AMC is showing all 22 Marvel movies in an insane 59-hour marathon
Post by: TRainH2O on April 05, 2019, 10:43:37 AM
I'm a movie fan and all but this is a bit too extreme for me. I gotta have my sleep. 
Title: Re: AMC is showing all 22 Marvel movies in an insane 59-hour marathon
Post by: tripplej on April 05, 2019, 10:52:23 AM
Looks like it is available at select AMC theaters in New York, Chicago, and San Francisco. But, I heard tickets are pretty much sold out..

Also, Alamo drafthouse cinema (https://drafthouse.com/nyc/show/marvel-studios-22-movie-marathon) is doing the same thing. Below is for Alamo..


Quote
"In 12 North America theaters (11 U.S. and one Canada), fans will have the chance to experience the Marvel Cinematic Universe like never before at the Marvel Studios’ 22-Movie Marathon. Starting Tuesday, April 23rd, fans will be able to see every film in the MCU culminating with Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Endgame at 5PM local time on Thursday, April 25th."

And, yes, sleep is important for me so I will not do this. Best of luck to those that do!
Title: Re: AMC is showing all 22 Marvel movies in an insane 59-hour marathon
Post by: tripplej on April 05, 2019, 11:13:37 AM
If you want to skip the movie theater and take your own time to watch the entire MCU, you can watch in this order per cineworld (https://www.cineworld.co.uk/blog/marvel-avengers-infinity-war-movie-countdown),

1. Iron Man (https://www.cineworld.co.uk/blog/marvel-avengers-infinity-war-movie-countdown-iron-man)

2. The Incredible Hulk (https://www.cineworld.co.uk/blog/marvel-avengers-infinity-war-movie-countdown-incredible-hulk)

3. Iron Man 2 (https://www.cineworld.co.uk/blog/marvel-avengers-infinity-war-movie-countdown-iron-man-2)

4. Thor (https://www.cineworld.co.uk/blog/mcu-re-view-4-thor)

5. Captain America: The First Avenger (https://www.cineworld.co.uk/blog/marvel-avengers-infinity-war-movie-countdown-captain-america-the-first avenger)

6. Avengers Assemble (https://www.cineworld.co.uk/blog/marvel-avengers-infinity-war-movie-countdown-avengers-assemble)

7. Iron Man 3 (https://www.cineworld.co.uk/blog/marvel-avengers-infinity-war-movie-countdown-iron-man-3)

8. Thor: The Dark World (https://www.cineworld.co.uk/blog/marvel-avengers-infinity-war-movie-countdown-thor-dark-world)

9. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (https://www.cineworld.co.uk/blog/cineworld.co.uk/blog/marvel-avengers-infinity-war-movie-countdown-captain-america-winter-soldier)

10. Guardians of the Galaxy (https://www.cineworld.co.uk/blog/guardians-of-the-galaxy-mcu-review)

11. Avengers: Age of Ultron (https://www.cineworld.co.uk/blog/mcu-re-view-11-avengers-age-of-ultron)

12. Ant-Man (https://www.cineworld.co.uk/blog/marvel-avengers-infinity-war-movie-countdown-ant-man)

13. Captain America: Civil War (https://www.cineworld.co.uk/blog/marvel-avengers-infinity-war-movie-countdown-captain-america-civil-war)

14. Doctor Strange (https://www.cineworld.co.uk/blog/marvel-avengers-infinity-war-movie-countdown-doctor-strange)

15. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (https://www.cineworld.co.uk/blog/marvel-avengers-infinity-war-movie-countdown-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2)

16. Spider-Man: Homecoming (http://cineworld.co.uk/blog/marvel-avengers-infinity-war-movie-countdown-spider-man-homecoming)

17. Thor: Ragnarok (https://www.cineworld.co.uk/blog/marvel-avengers-infinity-war-movie-countdown-thor-ragnarok)

18. Black Panther (https://www.cineworld.co.uk/blog/black-panther-ryan-coogler-book-tickets)

19. Avengers: Infinity War (https://www.cineworld.co.uk/blog/how-avengers-infinity-war-impacts-marvel-cinematic-universe)

20. Ant-Man and The Wasp (https://www.cineworld.co.uk/blog/everything-you-need-to-know-about-ant-man-movie) 

21. Captain Marvel (https://www.cineworld.co.uk/blog/captain-marvel-movie-trailer-breakdown) (released 8th March 2019)

22. Avengers: Endgame (https://www.cineworld.co.uk/blog/how-avengers-infinity-war-impacts-marvel-cinematic-universe) (released 25th April 2019)

Title: Re: AMC is showing all 22 Marvel movies in an insane 59-hour marathon
Post by: TRainH2O on April 05, 2019, 12:29:18 PM
Thanks for the list, it made me realize that I never saw Thor - The Dark World. 
Title: Re: AMC is showing all 22 Marvel movies in an insane 59-hour marathon
Post by: tripplej on April 05, 2019, 12:39:51 PM
I have seen all of them except for "Ant man" and "Ant man and the Wasp". I will have to check those.
Title: Re: AMC is showing all 22 Marvel movies in an insane 59-hour marathon
Post by: AVSMike on April 05, 2019, 01:25:28 PM
I have seen all but the last two.
Title: Re: AMC is showing all 22 Marvel movies in an insane 59-hour marathon
Post by: claw on April 05, 2019, 01:31:26 PM
6. Avengers Assemble (https://www.cineworld.co.uk/blog/marvel-avengers-infinity-war-movie-countdown-avengers-assemble)

It is only known by this name in the UK due to the ITV TV series The Avengers; the fantastic spy series from the 1960's that starred Patrick Macnee and Diana Rigg as Emma Peel. :-* 

Adding some confusion is that there was an American animated TV series titled Avengers Assemble.

Title: Re: AMC is showing all 22 Marvel movies in an insane 59-hour marathon
Post by: TRainH2O on April 05, 2019, 02:13:57 PM
6. Avengers Assemble (https://www.cineworld.co.uk/blog/marvel-avengers-infinity-war-movie-countdown-avengers-assemble)

It is only known by this name in the UK due to the ITV TV series The Avengers; the fantastic spy series from the 1960's that starred Patrick Macnee and Diana Rigg as Emma Peel. :-* 

Adding some confusion is that there was an American animated TV series titled Avengers Assemble.
Yes, I had to look that one up. The title is a bit confusing.
Title: Re: AMC is showing all 22 Marvel movies in an insane 59-hour marathon
Post by: tripplej on April 05, 2019, 02:53:35 PM
Thanks for checking that. I didn't even realize. lol. :)
Title: Re: AMC is showing all 22 Marvel movies in an insane 59-hour marathon
Post by: David Vaughn on April 05, 2019, 05:12:40 PM
I've seen them all at least twice (except for Captain Marvel, I saw that in theaters). Yes, I have no life :)
Title: Re: AMC is showing all 22 Marvel movies in an insane 59-hour marathon
Post by: TRainH2O on April 05, 2019, 05:28:25 PM
I've seen them all at least twice (except for Captain Marvel, I saw that in theaters). Yes, I have no life :)
I have seen none of them in the theater.

I have no local movie theater. The closest decent one is about 40 miles away. :-\
Title: Re: AMC is showing all 22 Marvel movies in an insane 59-hour marathon
Post by: DavidHir on May 25, 2019, 02:12:55 PM
I have seen them all, except the last two still - will just wait for the UHD BD.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal