AVS Discussions
AV Science => Introduce Yourself => Topic started by: Barry on March 29, 2019, 04:49:27 PM
-
Thanks for letting me become a new member. Along with David V, Tracy and JJJ I am coming over from another site that closed down. Losing the site was not traumatic, losing the people would have been. And now three of the best are now here.
I love movies, both in home theatre and in the movie theatre, Imax when possible. Honestly, I see the home theatre equipment as a means to an end, the end is always watching a good movie. David V. writes great movie review s an has kept up to date on what is released.
I will ask if we can have a thread on NEW movies, which I often reviewed. It would be interesting when David reviewed the disc of it month s later. We had a lot of fun discussing them and a LOT more fun when we occasionally disagree.
Here is the equipment I have. Please note: I have been waiting for the JVC 3000, 4k projector since last September. I am told it will arrive here on TUESDAY!!!! I am excited!!!!!
Amplifier (center) Krell Evolution 400e
Amplifier (left/right) Krell Evolution 600e
Amplifier (3 channel) Krell S-1500
4K Disc Player Oppo BDP 205
CD/SACD Player Krell Cipher
Controller (Surround Sound) Krell 707 3D
FM Tuner Day Sequerra FM Reference
HDTV Receiver Verizon
Internet Radio Sonos
Laser Disc Pioneer Elite LDS-2
Rear & Back Surround (3)Revel W 990
Speakers Revel Ultima Salon 2
Center Channel Revel Ultima Voice 2
Sub-Woofer SVS SB-13 Ultras
Turntable VPI 19 Mark 4
Tonearm SME 309
Turntable Stylus Audioquest 404i
Phono Pre-Amp Krell KPE
VPI Synchronous Drive System
Record Cleaner VPI 17
Universal Remote Control MX850
Video Projector JVC DLA-RS3000 (on Tuesday!)
Video Screen Stuart StudioTek100
Wiring: Transparent Audio/Balanced
-
Losing the site was not traumatic, losing the people would have been. And now three of the best are now here.
Three? I can't believe you would leave David out. ::)
cpaluda (now known as flyinion) also made the journey.
I 100% agree with you about not losing touch with our core group. There are a few others that I wish I had contact info for. Sadly, I didn't know the site was closing down when it did and I no longer have access to the usernames and contacts. Over the years, I have enjoyed off-board conversations with you, David, and Jojoe so I had your email addresses. I think I have Richard's (k0rww) email so I need to contact him too.
-
Did you get a new rack? Salamander?
I don't remember it looking like that. However, if I ever make it up your way, I'm crashing your place for a demo of all that Krell gear. :-*
-
Good to see Barry and everybody else from the other forum. We can continue our love of AV and movies here.
:)
-
JJJ, Tracy and Dave were the three I was mentioning, but now we have flyinon. GREAT. If you huys are ever in NY, it would be great to have you over. No the Samander had been there along time. It has always served its purpose.
The dealer just confirmed its delivery to him. Tuesday should be it!
-
Christmas in April :)
-
Hi Barry,
I'm happy to see the familiar names that have transferred from our old stomping grounds. I enjoyed reading your movie review exchanges with David.
I just joined AVS.
Richard
-
Great to see you, Richard.
-
Double great to see you Richard
-
Hello Richard!
-
Thanks for letting me become a new member. Along with David V, Tracy and JJJ I am coming over from another site that closed down. Losing the site was not traumatic, losing the people would have been. And now three of the best are now here.
I love movies, both in home theatre and in the movie theatre, Imax when possible. Honestly, I see the home theatre equipment as a means to an end, the end is always watching a good movie. David V. writes great movie review s an has kept up to date on what is released.
I will ask if we can have a thread on NEW movies, which I often reviewed. It would be interesting when David reviewed the disc of it month s later. We had a lot of fun discussing them and a LOT more fun when we occasionally disagree.
Here is the equipment I have. Please note: I have been waiting for the JVC 3000, 4k projector since last September. I am told it will arrive here on TUESDAY!!!! I am excited!!!!!
Amplifier (center) Krell Evolution 400e
Amplifier (left/right) Krell Evolution 600e
Amplifier (3 channel) Krell S-1500
4K Disc Player Oppo BDP 205
CD/SACD Player Krell Cipher
Controller (Surround Sound) Krell 707 3D
FM Tuner Day Sequerra FM Reference
HDTV Receiver Verizon
Internet Radio Sonos
Laser Disc Pioneer Elite LDS-2
Rear & Back Surround (3)Revel W 990
Speakers Revel Ultima Salon 2
Center Channel Revel Ultima Voice 2
Sub-Woofer SVS SB-13 Ultras
Turntable VPI 19 Mark 4
Tonearm SME 309
Turntable Stylus Audioquest 404i
Phono Pre-Amp Krell KPE
VPI Synchronous Drive System
Record Cleaner VPI 17
Universal Remote Control MX850
Video Projector JVC DLA-RS3000 (on Tuesday!)
Video Screen Stuart StudioTek100
Wiring: Transparent Audio/Balanced
Welcome!
I just added a new section called "New Movies" for you!