AVS Discussions

Movie and TV Discussion => Movie reviews => Topic started by: bmoney on February 20, 2019, 08:50:22 AM

Title: A Star is Born 4k UHD
Post by: bmoney on February 20, 2019, 08:50:22 AM
Picture - 8.75
Sound - 10
Movie - 10

This is my pick for Best Picture, Best Actor and Best Actress....just superb chemistry and outstanding acting.
Great great remake!

Picture was a mixed bag.....some outstanding shots...with insane depth and color/blacks....then some interior shots had raised blacks....but overall a nice picture

Sound...here is the another great character in this flic.....crank this one up!  awesome soundtrack just is bliss on a capable system

Blind buy approved 

B
Title: Re: A Star is Born 4k UHD
Post by: AVSCraig on February 25, 2019, 01:51:44 PM
I've got this one on the way ! :)
Title: Re: A Star is Born 4k UHD
Post by: bmoney on February 26, 2019, 11:53:59 AM
youll love it...even though it got snubbed
Title: Re: A Star is Born 4k UHD
Post by: AVSLaurie on February 26, 2019, 12:41:56 PM
How could a movie possibly go wrong with Bradley Cooper in it?  :-*

Seriously though, I thought his acting was superb and was quite surprised by how well he could sing.
I really enjoyed Lady Gaga with her natural hair color too, made her character very believable. I've seen all three "A Star is Born" movies, have to say that Bab's is still my favorite female lead, but Bradley beats Kristofferson and Mason by a mile.

Sam Elliott was a nice surprise too, wasn't too much of a reach to imagine him and Cooper as siblings.

Highly recommend this movie, just bring a lot of tissues. ;)
Title: Re: A Star is Born 4k UHD
Post by: AVSMike on February 26, 2019, 05:49:52 PM
Have not seen this one, but I did see Green Book, which did win. Good movie. 
Title: Re: A Star is Born 4k UHD
Post by: bmoney on February 27, 2019, 11:14:35 AM
How could a movie possibly go wrong with Bradley Cooper in it?  :-*

Seriously though, I thought his acting was superb and was quite surprised by how well he could sing.
I really enjoyed Lady Gaga with her natural hair color too, made her character very believable. I've seen all three "A Star is Born" movies, have to say that Bab's is still my favorite female lead, but Bradley beats Kristofferson and Mason by a mile.

Sam Elliott was a nice surprise too, wasn't too much of a reach to imagine him and Cooper as siblings.

Highly recommend this movie, just bring a lot of tissues. ;)
LOVE the Andrew "Dice" Clay appearance!
Title: Re: A Star is Born 4k UHD
Post by: tripplej on March 27, 2019, 11:01:17 AM
I am looking forward to seeing this one. Heard a lot of good things. Granted, it is the third remake for this movie but still, worth watching. :)
Title: Re: A Star is Born 4k UHD
Post by: AVSCraig on March 27, 2019, 11:16:50 AM
I am looking forward to seeing this one. Heard a lot of good things. Granted, it is the third remake for this movie but still, worth watching. :)
I think it's the best one yet. Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga do an outstanding job. 
Title: Re: A Star is Born 4k UHD
Post by: TRainH2O on March 27, 2019, 12:10:45 PM
Of all the movies that received an Oscar nod, this is the only one that my wife said she wanted to watch. I am more interested in seeing Green Book. 

She hasn't mentioned it lately but I bet as soon as I walk in with Green Book on Blu-ray, she'll remember. :)
Title: Re: A Star is Born 4k UHD
Post by: David Vaughn on March 27, 2019, 01:21:15 PM
It's a decent movie, but I didn't think it was "Best Picture" material. Gaga did a fantastic job though. 
Title: Re: A Star is Born 4k UHD
Post by: AVSCraig on March 27, 2019, 02:50:41 PM
Of all the movies that received an Oscar nod, this is the only one that my wife said she wanted to watch. I am more interested in seeing Green Book.

She hasn't mentioned it lately but I bet as soon as I walk in with Green Book on Blu-ray, she'll remember. :)
Green Book was outstanding too. I watched it last Sat. night, and I could watch it again anytime ! 
Title: Re: A Star is Born 4k UHD
Post by: David Vaughn on March 27, 2019, 04:16:27 PM
Green Book was outstanding too. I watched it last Sat. night, and I could watch it again anytime !
I thought that deserved Best Picture (of the movies I've seen). "Stan and Ollie" just arrived, and someone who I trust said it was one of his favorite movies from last year (along with Green Book), so I'm looking forward to watching it. Unfortunately, it's #3 in the review queue...Aquaman is first, Bumblebee second, then Stan and Ollie. The first two are in 4K, the last is regular old Blu-ray (not available in 4k). 
Title: Re: A Star is Born 4k UHD
Post by: TRainH2O on March 27, 2019, 04:30:22 PM
Unfortunately, it's #3 in the review queue...Aquaman is first, Bumblebee second, then Stan and Ollie. The first two are in 4K, the last is regular old Blu-ray (not available in 4k).
Sounds like you have your priorities in order. 
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal