AVS Discussions
Audio => Preamps/Preamp-processors => Topic started by: bmoney on November 30, 2018, 08:00:38 PM
-
Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Was thinking about picking one up relatively cheap. Atmos and Dirac is inviting. I have extra Amps to go full 7.4.4
Any word if it’s getting dts-x that’s the only thing holding me back right now
EDIT: changed the name to 758 v3 which is what I just ordered for 999
-
I will be getting one before the new year. From what I am hearing dts-x will be coming in a firmware upgrade. Question is when. NAD has been pretty good about releasing new updates from all that I have been reading on it.
-
I will be getting one before the new year. From what I am hearing dts-x will be coming in a firmware upgrade. Question is when. NAD has been pretty good about releasing new updates from all that I have been reading on it.
I just bought a 758. I don’t need the extra inputs/outputs. So for under a grand I will hve atmos. And Dirac
Look for a Denon 7200 for sale soon if I like the NAD
Dtsx makes up 1/7th my 3D sound movies so I can wait. Hopefully it comes out this month as they claim
I’m excited to take delivery. I’ll post my thoughts.
-
I had a new 787 last year, and in my opinion the NAD product these days are bad, sound terribly unilvolving, and they are often so far behind with the conectivity and standards, that its a joke, i think there must be better alternatives, NAD is far from what it once was.
-
I had a new 787 last year, and in my opinion the NAD product these days are bad, sound terribly unilvolving, and they are often so far behind with the conectivity and standards, that its a joke, i think there must be better alternatives, NAD is far from what it once was.
Welp I hve a 30 day trial. So most I’ll be out is shipping if it’s as bad as you say.
Denon won’t be for sale
Unless the NAD is stellar
For less than a minidsp 88a I can’t see how it would be that bad. For Dirac alone
-
Nad has got good reviews from others and I plan on going forward with my purchase.
https://hometheaterhifi.com/features/best-of-awards/secrets-best-awards-2018/ (https://hometheaterhifi.com/features/best-of-awards/secrets-best-awards-2018/)
-
Nad has got good reviews from others and I plan on going forward with my purchase.
https://hometheaterhifi.com/features/best-of-awards/secrets-best-awards-2018/ (https://hometheaterhifi.com/features/best-of-awards/secrets-best-awards-2018/)
agreed...i have read nothing but glowing reviews.....mine is being delivered today....ill report back
-
I used the MiniDSP 88A for a year. I liked the room correction, but the 88A was not 100% rock solid. Every now and then I would have to resync the 88A. I am also not a fan of Phoenix connectors. Between the 88A and the two 10x10HD's, I had a ton of cables behind the rack.
-
I used the MiniDSP 88A for a year. I liked the room correction, but the 88A was not 100% rock solid. Every now and then I would have to resync the 88A. I am also not a fan of Phoenix connectors. Between the 88A and the two 10x10HD's, I had a ton of cables behind the rack.
I agree 100% on that. When you have respected others ( AustinJerry) from other forum looking at the Nad, there has to be something behind it. Seeing as AutinJerry had just about wrote everything about the 88A.
-
I agree 100% on that. When you have respected others ( AustinJerry) from other forum looking at the Nad, there has to be something behind it. Seeing as AutinJerry had just about wrote everything about the 88A.
I will have to say, I am happy with Audyssey XT32, now that they have the APP that allows you to adjust the curve and remove the midrange compensation dip.
-
I used the MiniDSP 88A for a year. I liked the room correction, but the 88A was not 100% rock solid. Every now and then I would have to resync the 88A. I am also not a fan of Phoenix connectors. Between the 88A and the two 10x10HD's, I had a ton of cables behind the rack.
Same here i had one. And didn’t care for it although it sounded great
Wel the nad came. Took
Me
Forever to set it up (just the cables) then I configured the speakers. Went to connect it to the internet to run Dirac. And the thing shit the bed.
The osd freezes. Then turns off then back on Won’t respond to commands. Some factory reset. Same
Thing. So it’s basically doa.
I am talking with the vendor now. He sent the info
To the nad tech. But I honestly would like a replacement. I don’t want this happening again in the future.
This is a first for a unit of any kind having issues from
The get go
-
Update
They are shipping me a brand new unit (free upgrade from the refurb unit I paid for) tomorrow
So great customer service.
-
So got my brand new t785 v3
Fast setup this time. Only did one measurement spot with Dirac. But...
Yup this is the real deal! So crystal clear. All the speakers are prominent and detailed. Man I missed it
Glad to have Dirac back
Now when it gets dts-x it will be complete
-
this thing is amazing with 2 channle music as well
i am now finding myslef sitting in my theater just listening to music....its that good wow!
dead silent...and dynamic this could be the steal of the century processor
-
I am glad you posted this. Reaffirms my thoughts but always good to read about it. Really looking forward to getting the 777v3 now.
-
I am glad you posted this. Reaffirms my thoughts but always good to read about it. Really looking forward to getting the 777v3 now.
is there a reaason you are going with the 777 vs the 758?
only major difference is number of hdmi inputs/outputs....for me I only use one in my theater so saving 800$ was a no brainer for me
just figured id pas that along
-
is there a reaason you are going with the 777 vs the 758?
only major difference is number of hdmi inputs/outputs....for me I only use one in my theater so saving 800$ was a no brainer for me
just figured id pas that along
One reason will be the added hdmi outputs since going in living area with a TV and projector. I also like the hard wire lan connection. It also has a better power source which may make little difference since all channels will be on an external amp.
One thing that is pushing me toward the 777 vs 758 is the 4 available upgrade nodes compared to 1 on the 758. My thinking is looking at the future it may pay it self back without replacing the whole receiver. Dunno Just my 2 cents and thoughts. But as you say it would be 800 dollar savings going with the 758
-
One reason will be the added hdmi outputs since going in living area with a TV and projector. I also like the hard wire lan connection. It also has a better power source which may make little difference since all channels will be on an external amp.
One thing that is pushing me toward the 777 vs 758 is the 4 available upgrade nodes compared to 1 on the 758. My thinking is looking at the future it may pay it self back without replacing the whole receiver. Dunno Just my 2 cents and thoughts. But as you say it would be 800 dollar savings going with the 758
makes complete sense...I was about to pull the trigger on the 777 myself...then noticed the 758 could still do 7.x.4 and i was like...do i need the extra frills? nope....rather have the cash in my pocket....
i was just curious..in your case...all valid :) let me know when you get it....:)
-
I wish the NAD preamp was a bargain like the one you got. I need balanced or it is a no go. ☹
-
I wish the NAD preamp was a bargain like the one you got. I need balanced or it is a no go. ☹
Yeah that’s a big no
Why the dire need for xlr? Super long run?
If your amps are xlr only you can use adapters no problem.
-
Yeah that’s a big no
Why the dire need for xlr? Super long run?
If your amps are xlr only you can use adapters no problem.
I have 50' -75' runs to my front speakers.
-
I have 50' -75' runs to my front speakers.
your speakers are powered monitors?
otherwise no need for xlr
-
well this is cool news...just bought a Volvo CX90 and it has DIrac Unison!! wow sounds amazing