AVS Discussions
Movie and TV Discussion => Movie reviews => Topic started by: AVSCraig on August 02, 2018, 12:25:17 PM
-
Ready Player One 4K Blu-ray
Picture 9.5/10
Sound 9.5/10
Movie 9.5/10
I watched this Tuesday with some friends - we all really liked this film ! Very fun Steven Spielberg outing, with a little bit of everything - things from Tron, Avatar, Back to the Future, The Iron Giant - endless pop culture references ! Pretty funny at times too !
The picture is top notch - as is the audio. On my RS4500, other than the scenes in " the Stacks " ( which are purposely drab looking ), is is a dazzling movie.
I found the audio on my system to sound excellent, with decent bass most of the time. The LFE isn't as powerful as other films, but my wife will like that it's a more balanced sound track - it sounds good without having to be too loud. It's better than some recent Disney films in that regard. The music soundtrack is awesome.
I'm looking forward to watching this again soon. Highly recommended !
-
I tried watching this and couldn't get the through it. Just felt like I was watching someone play a video game. :-\
-
I tried watching this and couldn't get the through it. Just felt like I was watching someone play a video game. :-\
That's the point - like Tron.
-
Ready Player One 4K Blu-ray
Picture 9.5/10
Sound 9.5/10
Movie 9.5/10
I watched this Tuesday with some friends - we all really liked this film ! Very fun Steven Spielberg outing, with a little bit of everything - things from Tron, Avatar, Back to the Future, The Iron Giant - endless pop culture references ! Pretty funny at times too !
The picture is top notch - as is the audio. On my RS4500, other than the scenes in " the Stacks " ( which are purposely drab looking ), is is a dazzling movie.
I found the audio on my system to sound excellent, with decent bass most of the time. The LFE isn't as powerful as other films, but my wife will like that it's a more balanced sound track - it sounds good without having to be too loud. It's better than some recent Disney films in that regard. The music soundtrack is awesome.
I'm looking forward to watching this again soon. Highly recommended !
I think the picture quality probably made this more enjoyable for me than it probably deserved credit for. The picture quality is amazing so I was entertained however, the movie itself was ok.
-
Yeah....this is a great "Entertaining" and "Fun" film.. :)
Wonderful image quality also... :)
-
loved this movie.....not as good as the book (even though the author of the book wrote the movie) i enjoyed the challenges in the book more
laso note i saw the movie before i read the book
-
Some screen shots with my JVC RS4500 / Stewart StudioTek 130 / DCR lens and Lumagen Radiance Pro -
-
OK you convinced me. I was debating whether to get this title, but $7.99 at Best Buy pushed me over the edge.
-
OK you convinced me. I was debating whether to get this title, but $7.99 at Best Buy pushed me over the edge.
It's a fun film. My wife loves it !
-
My son and I watched this last night. Great Movie :)