AVS Discussions
Video Source Devices => 4K UltraHD Blu-ray => Topic started by: AVSCraig on April 24, 2018, 11:49:42 AM
-
There may be a new Pioneer 4K Blu-ray player coming soon - http://www.insideci.co.uk/news/pioneer-preps-powerhouse-uhd-blu-ray-playerprobably.aspx
-
Interesting, exiting to see what they bring to the table, and wonder if they will support netflix streaming this time.
-
https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1535621039
No app, and a hefty price tag, this new player seems to push a few off buttons to start with, i predict a tough start for Pioneer in this area.
-
I have aranged to get a Pioneer LX500 here from the 19-22 Oktober, and ill be able to do a direct comparison with the OPPO 203 and Panasonic UB900 / UB424.
Seriously hope they dont have precision chroma upsampling like Panasonic since that Precision aparently translates into 20% distortion, using the default settings.
So with OPPO out of the game, and Panasonic making a mess of it, it should not be to hard for Pioneer to land on top of the game.
-
I have a Pioneer Elite UDP-LX500. I had a hard time deciding between this and the Panasonic 9000. The LX500 reminds me of an Oppo, which I had three. I like SACD and this tipped the scale towards the LX500. I just hope they keep up with the updates.
-
Here's a good review in Sound and Vision -
https://www.soundandvision.com/content/pioneer-udp-lx500-ultra-hd-blu-ray-player-review (https://www.soundandvision.com/content/pioneer-udp-lx500-ultra-hd-blu-ray-player-review)
-
Here's a good review in Sound and Vision -
https://www.soundandvision.com/content/pioneer-udp-lx500-ultra-hd-blu-ray-player-review (https://www.soundandvision.com/content/pioneer-udp-lx500-ultra-hd-blu-ray-player-review)
Thanks Craig!
-
HDR10+ Firmware Update ??? (https://www.pioneer-audiovisual.eu/uk/news/onkyo-pioneer-corp-announces-hdr10-firmware-update-udp-lx800-and-udp-lx500-universal-disc)
-
Having a OPPO 203, its a fairly huge downgrade in most playback related regards to get a Pioneer player even they use the same Mediatek chipset, it seems to remain a ½ finished product software wise, so i doubt we will see a 2nd generation Pioneer UHD players.