AVS Discussions

General => Misc. Fun Stuff => Topic started by: bmoney on March 18, 2018, 08:40:43 AM

Title: BS claims "online" about movies...
Post by: bmoney on March 18, 2018, 08:40:43 AM
ok here are some 100% non believable claims I have read quite a few times...which i call utter BS..

1) "the movie was so bad I walked out after 15 minutes.." yeah ok. you paid 20$ and didnt even wait to see if the movie got better? riiiigggghhhht

2) "the studio could pay me to own this movie...and i would still say no"  again...utter bulllllllll...if someone pays you to just have the movie in your collection or even watch it again....i would be ahrd pressed to find anyone who would say no

3) ?


what are your "pet peeve" or non buying claims people make



Title: Re: BS claims "online" about movies...
Post by: Barry on April 04, 2019, 02:55:48 PM
"the movie was so bad I walked out after 15 minutes."  To be honest, there were movies I wanted to walk out after 15 minutes, but stayed.  The only movie I ever walked out of was "Peter Pan!"  I took my young niece and she got scared when Captain Hook attacked Peter near the end!!!!

My pet peeve, however, are people writing bad reviews for movies they haven't seen. This happened with the new Captain Marvel movie. Immature people wrote bad reviews making up reasons for hating it.  Simply, they did not want to see a major female Super-Hero.  Rotten Tomatoes changed their rating system on account of this.
Title: Re: BS claims "online" about movies...
Post by: AVSCraig on April 04, 2019, 03:21:05 PM
Reviewing movies you haven't seen does seem odd. I have walked out of two movies - the Exorcist, and Woodstock. Both times because someone with us was having a bad trip ( this was back in the 1970's - ha ha ). :-X
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal