AVS Discussions
Audio => Subwoofers => Topic started by: bmoney on November 25, 2016, 05:20:53 PM
-
I had buttkickers...but felt they were gimmicky even after much calibration
just installed a crowson TT and it is the closest thing to replicate being on a suspended floor that I have ever felt...and iM on a concrete slab
highly recommended...but pricey!
-
I have thought about going with some shakers in the past, but every time I think about it something comes up to dissuade me into going that route. Do you run one per chair on your setup? In my setup... I am assuming I would need 4 which then makes it get expensive.
-
I have thought about going with some shakers in the past, but every time I think about it something comes up to dissuade me into going that route. Do you run one per chair on your setup? In my setup... I am assuming I would need 4 which then makes it get expensive.
literally the exact same thing here...and i finally bit the bullet
I have one for my 3 seat HT loveseat and its PLENTY...im sure as with all things HT the more the merrier but...IM good since Im the onlyn one that cares about this stuff
-
I have a pair of the shakers and amp that I have tried several times. Every time I try them it just feels strange. Like they shake at the wrong time or something... Not so bad for movies but for music its really weird. Maybe I have never adjusted them correctly. If you want to try them Ron let me know.
-
I have a pair of the shakers and amp that I have tried several times. Every time I try them it just feels strange. Like they shake at the wrong time or something... Not so bad for movies but for music its really weird. Maybe I have never adjusted them correctly. If you want to try them Ron let me know.
I have heard that some people add delays to them to get them into sync with the other subs. Are you running them through a crossover?
-
I have a pair of the shakers and amp that I have tried several times. Every time I try them it just feels strange. Like they shake at the wrong time or something... Not so bad for movies but for music its really weird. Maybe I have never adjusted them correctly. If you want to try them Ron let me know.
crowsons are on another level from shakers...they are MUCH more realistic..i had buttkickers and didnt csre for the gimickness
-
I have a pair of the shakers and amp that I have tried several times. Every time I try them it just feels strange. Like they shake at the wrong time or something... Not so bad for movies but for music its really weird. Maybe I have never adjusted them correctly. If you want to try them Ron let me know.
I wasn't aware people used butt kickers with music - that would be strange. Try the 1812 Overture ! ;D
-
Crowson still going strong.
they have a big following now, but appear to have a long lead time now as they are made to order. too bad