AVS Discussions

Movie and TV Discussion => Movie reviews => Topic started by: AVSCraig on February 18, 2018, 12:25:57 PM

Title: Only The Brave Blu-ray
Post by: AVSCraig on February 18, 2018, 12:25:57 PM
Picture - 9.5/10
Sound - 9.0/10
Movie - 9.5/10

I was looking forward to watching this film, and hoped it would be released on 4K Blu-ray. I have to say that the regular Blu-ray looks outstanding. Great story ( based on a true event ), great casting, overall all my guests were impressed with the film. Very well done in my opinion. Screen shots to follow.   
Title: Re: Only The Brave Blu-ray
Post by: bmoney on February 18, 2018, 12:51:45 PM
I think Ive turned into a 4k snob.  I wont buy BD anymore only 4k...so this will be a rent for me...looking forward to it
Title: Re: Only The Brave Blu-ray
Post by: AVSCraig on February 18, 2018, 01:50:55 PM
I think Ive turned into a 4k snob.  I wont buy BD anymore only 4k...so this will be a rent for me...looking forward to it

I buy lots of Blu-rays - 8 since November. The best Blu-rays arguably look as good if not better than the worst looking 4K Blu-rays. I don't rent. What - never see " Rogue One " because it isn't on 4K Blu-ray ? I have many many outstanding foreign films that will never see a 4K release. Doesn't matter, since once again Blu-rays can look amazing. Try " Land of Mine " on Blu-ray. Looks way better than " Salt " does on 4K !
Title: Re: Only The Brave Blu-ray
Post by: bmoney on February 18, 2018, 02:43:03 PM
I buy lots of Blu-rays - 8 since November. The best Blu-rays arguably look as good if not better than the worst looking 4K Blu-rays. I don't rent. What - never see " Rogue One " because it isn't on 4K Blu-ray ? I have many many outstanding foreign films that will never see a 4K release. Doesn't matter, since once again Blu-rays can look amazing. Try " Land of Mine " on Blu-ray. Looks way better than " Salt " does on 4K !

haha unless of course its a blockbuster....but this is a trend i have noticed lately for me...i really dont have tons of time for repeat viewings anyhow...but....
Title: Re: Only The Brave Blu-ray
Post by: AVSCraig on February 18, 2018, 02:59:56 PM
haha unless of course its a blockbuster....but this is a trend i have noticed lately for me...i really dont have tons of time for repeat viewings anyhow...but....

I have hopefully 20 more years for repeat viewings - God willing.
Title: Re: Only The Brave Blu-ray
Post by: bmoney on February 22, 2018, 08:20:05 AM
9/10 picture
9/10 Sound
9/10 Movie

Rented this last night...for a 1080p sure was a very nice picture...but cant help wonder what a WCG and HDR would look like with all that fire and sparks!  Inspiring movie that made me shed a tear (doesnt happen too often with movies but will if its done well....)

Sound was great even if upmixed with DSU....very 3 dimensional with great bass
Title: Re: Only The Brave Blu-ray
Post by: AVSCraig on February 22, 2018, 12:55:19 PM
9/10 picture
9/10 Sound
9/10 Movie

Rented this last night...for a 1080p sure was a very nice picture...but cant help wonder what a WCG and HDR would look like with all that fire and sparks!  Inspiring movie that made me shed a tear (doesnt happen too often with movies but will if its done well....)

Sound was great even if upmixed with DSU....very 3 dimensional with great bass

Originally there was a 4K version listed, then it went away, so who knows.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal