AVS Discussions

Audio => Do-It-Yourself Speakers and Subs => Topic started by: Burnsze15 on December 02, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Title: Custom High Output Mid Bass LCR Towers- Custom Eminence 12s and BMS Coax- 142db!
Post by: Burnsze15 on December 02, 2017, 09:30:52 PM
Hey all. I’ve been banned for life from The legacy AVS Forum for creating a new user profile when I was victim of a hack in a very sensitive career profession and was told to create all new user accounts for everything. So, I’m bringing my build to tell the story here! This project began over a year ago and was put on hold for the summer. I’m finally ready to load the cabs and begin testing, what I like to call the 412MBT (mid Bass Tower).

This is a design using the Custom Eminence Magnum 12 designed my Matt Grant and Erich from DIYSG. It’s one of the most amazing drivers I’ve come across. There are 4 of these in each cab ported and tuned for 42Hz! 500 Watts per driver brings each to XMax by design and port velocity of 19m/s. Sensitivity at 1.4v/1 m is 106db for the 12s at 2 ohm total load.

The BMS is behind a 18Sounds XT1464 15x12 Horn. It’s an amazing combination. It will be crossed from 350-450 Hz depending on what I get for distortion below 500hz because of the older 4594 design (new HE doesn’t have this issue with a new phase plug and increased driver diaphragm distances).

The box will be an active DSP processed unit using a Driverack Venue 360 initially and perhaps moving to MiniDSP 2x4 HD later.
Pics coming next...
Title: Re: Custom High Output Mid Bass LCR Towers- Custom Eminence 12s and BMS Coax- 142db!
Post by: Burnsze15 on December 02, 2017, 09:44:19 PM
Some pics.
Title: Re: Custom High Output Mid Bass LCR Towers- Custom Eminence 12s and BMS Coax- 142db!
Post by: Burnsze15 on December 02, 2017, 09:45:43 PM
More pics
Title: Re: Custom High Output Mid Bass LCR Towers- Custom Eminence 12s and BMS Coax- 142db!
Post by: AVSMike on December 02, 2017, 10:53:18 PM
Those will be some serious HT speakers. Looking forward to your impressions once you have these finished and tuned in. :) I also like and use big DIY speakers.
Title: Re: Custom High Output Mid Bass LCR Towers- Custom Eminence 12s and BMS Coax- 142db!
Post by: AVSCraig on December 03, 2017, 01:40:05 PM
I'm impressed by you guys that build your own speakers !  :)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal