AVS Discussions
Video Source Devices => Blu-ray => Topic started by: AVSCraig on November 21, 2017, 01:43:41 PM
-
Wow - a whole bunch of my favorite movies remastered in 4K, all in one box ! Plus Dunkirk ! Looks like a Xmas present idea - for me ! :)
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=22451
-
Wow - a whole bunch of my favorite movies remastered in 4K, all in one box ! Plus Dunkirk ! Looks like a Xmas present idea - for me ! :)
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=22451
But Nolan refused to allow any Atmos or DTS:X remixes for the release. I would have loved to get Interstellar in either.
-
But Nolan refused to allow any Atmos or DTS:X remixes for the release. I would have loved to get Interstellar in either.
:(
-
But Nolan refused to allow any Atmos or DTS:X remixes for the release. I would have loved to get Interstellar in either.
That's too bad, but I'll take the picture upgrade. I like all of these films.
-
But Nolan refused to allow any Atmos or DTS:X remixes for the release. I would have loved to get Interstellar in either.
:( Yes, this is a deal breaker for me as well which is unfortunate since I really like the Batman movies. I guess no upgrading from HD BluRay for me.
Cal68
-
I know that some don't like variable aspect ratio switching in Blu-ray discs to preserve the IMAX footage, but I do.
It appears that The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises are going to be variable aspect ratio. Hopefully, Interstellar will be as well.
-
I know that some don't like variable aspect ratio switching in Blu-ray discs to preserve the IMAX footage, but I do.
It appears that The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises are going to be variable aspect ratio. Hopefully, Interstellar will be as well.
If one doesn't like them there are ways to change them intp 2.35:1 movies, so choose your style of watching !
-
If one doesn't like them there are ways to change them intp 2.35:1 movies, so choose your style of watching !
The digital mask feature on the JVCs is exactly what I use for movies like this. Nolan supposedly frames his shots so that if the presentation is scope you don't miss anything vital and actors don't get cut in half.
-
The digital mask feature on the JVCs is exactly what I use for movies like this. Nolan supposedly frames his shots so that if the presentation is scope you don't miss anything vital and actors don't get cut in half.
Doing that has worked fine with Interstellar, which looks great as a 2.35:1 film !
-
Very interesting article - http://davidsobczak.net/index.php/the-dark-knight-10-years-later/
-
The digital mask feature on the JVCs is exactly what I use for movies like this. Nolan supposedly frames his shots so that if the presentation is scope you don't miss anything vital and actors don't get cut in half.
actually that is required by all film makers using imax. that way one source can be used for both imax and regular cinemas and nothing major to the movie is lost