AVS Discussions

Audio => Subwoofers => Topic started by: bmoney on November 23, 2016, 04:17:54 PM

Title: MBM craze....fad? or legit?
Post by: bmoney on November 23, 2016, 04:17:54 PM
So it seems everywhere I look I see people all about MBM's...what do you think is the craving for midbass chest slam a fad or legit?  It seems as this really came out of nowhere now its all I see (diy, subwoofer threads...bass in movies threads)

what do you think?
Title: Re: MBM craze....fad? or legit?
Post by: AVSCraig on November 23, 2016, 04:36:09 PM
So it seems everywhere I look I see people all about MBM's...what do you think is the craving for midbass chest slam a fad or legit?  It seems as this really came out of nowhere now its all I see (diy, subwoofer threads...bass in movies threads)

what do you think?

I must have missed this fad..... I just like good LFE / bass that makes things like tank battles realistic ( and wows my friends that have TV's with tiny speakers ) !!  8)
Title: Re: MBM craze....fad? or legit?
Post by: bmoney on November 23, 2016, 04:45:07 PM
I must have missed this fad..... I just like good LFE / bass that makes things like tank battles realistic ( and wows my friends that have TV's with tiny speakers ) !!  8)

exact same here!  it was single digit chasing...now its boost in the 60-100hz range??  seems odd

so much the new craze is a 300$ behringer sub thats a POS and has terrible sound quality...but they are using it for the port firing directly into the back of the chairs
Title: Re: MBM craze....fad? or legit?
Post by: NBPk402 on November 23, 2016, 07:46:13 PM
I no longer desire the 10hz bass... I had a Triax sub for a while, and it separated the hardwood floors from the wall! We now have a gap a couple of feet long.  >:(
Title: Re: MBM craze....fad? or legit?
Post by: bmoney on November 23, 2016, 10:11:33 PM
holy crap!!!
Title: Re: MBM craze....fad? or legit?
Post by: AVSMike on November 24, 2016, 12:51:27 AM
My bass is very clean. It is not boomy. Only there when it is called for and supposed to be there. When ever people come over to demo my system, they always comment on how much they like the audio and I am talking about guys that calibrate audio for a living.
Title: Re: MBM craze....fad? or legit?
Post by: Mark Seaton on February 08, 2017, 12:18:25 PM
So it seems everywhere I look I see people all about MBM's...what do you think is the craving for midbass chest slam a fad or legit?  It seems as this really came out of nowhere now its all I see (diy, subwoofer threads...bass in movies threads)

what do you think?

It's really a symptom of poor subwoofer locations and calibration.  It's rather common to have issues in the 50-100Hz in small rooms and due to destructive interaction with the main speakers in the crossover range.  The real thing to take away is that location and calibration matters.  Sometimes getting a subwoofer in the right spot to efficiently deliver the upper bass range is more effective than the difference between a modest and huge subwoofer.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal