AVS Discussions

General => Misc. Fun Stuff => Topic started by: NBPk402 on November 21, 2016, 01:35:08 PM

Title: Heart Rate Wrist Monitors
Post by: NBPk402 on November 21, 2016, 01:35:08 PM
Not sure where this would be appropriate to post, but here goes. I have Sleep Apnea, and a heart condition, and I would like to have a reliable heart monitor to wear all day (including while sleeping). I also would like to be able to track the results via my phone. Large test would be a big plus. Does anyone have any recommendations on one that is around $100?

tia,
Ron
Title: Re: Heart Rate Wrist Monitors
Post by: AVSMike on November 21, 2016, 03:11:45 PM
I also have sleep Apnea. Other than that, I am pretty healthy and run two to four times a week. I use a TomTom Multi-Sport GPS sports watch, but that would not be a good option for you. I would probably look at something like a FitBit Charge 2: https://www.fitbit.com/shop/charge2 (https://www.fitbit.com/shop/charge2) Well rounded fitness tracker/sleep monitor, that does not break the bank. With Black Friday pricing, you should be able to get it around your price range.

I cover all aspects of Home Theater and then some. :)
Title: Re: Heart Rate Wrist Monitors
Post by: bmoney on November 22, 2016, 10:17:38 AM
fitbits work great
Title: Re: Heart Rate Wrist Monitors
Post by: NBPk402 on November 22, 2016, 11:58:01 AM
Thanks, I was in decent shape working out at the gym 3 days a week until I collapsed one day after my workout. They then found out I have an enlarged right side of my heart, and an arithmea. Apparently my heart is sending the electrical signals from the wrong direction so now i have to get a MRI. Yesterday i went to the Eye Dr., and was told i need to get surgery for Cataracts, and also get a MRI to determine why I am getting double vision at night and in the morning when I wake up.

I am falling apart. :(
Title: Re: Heart Rate Wrist Monitors
Post by: AVSMike on November 22, 2016, 12:47:55 PM
Thanks, I was in decent shape working out at the gym 3 days a week until I collapsed one day after my workout. They then found out I have an enlarged right side of my heart, and an arithmea. Apparently my heart is sending the electrical signals from the wrong direction so now i have to get a MRI. Yesterday i went to the Eye Dr., and was told i need to get surgery for Cataracts, and also get a MRI to determine why I am getting double vision at night and in the morning when I wake up.

I am falling apart. :(

It beats the alternative.
Title: Re: Heart Rate Wrist Monitors
Post by: NBPk402 on November 22, 2016, 12:51:17 PM
So very true Mike!
Title: Re: Heart Rate Wrist Monitors
Post by: ShadeRF on November 22, 2016, 03:56:21 PM
I also have a fitbit and it has worked great. I've heard good things about the cheap Xiaomi bands as well
Title: Re: Heart Rate Wrist Monitors
Post by: NBPk402 on November 22, 2016, 08:43:15 PM
I also have a fitbit and it has worked great. I've heard good things about the cheap Xiaomi bands as well
We just picked up some new phones when we switched to Verizon...so I think i will be grabbing the Fitbit there since it will be $104.99 after the $25 Visa Gift Card they are giving with the purchase on Black Friday.
Title: Re: Heart Rate Wrist Monitors
Post by: jkasanic on December 06, 2016, 05:00:40 PM
+1 for the Fitbit Charge 2.  I picked one up over BF for $105 and find the app very easy to use.
Title: Re: Heart Rate Wrist Monitors
Post by: AVSMike on December 06, 2016, 05:51:46 PM
For the last few years, I have been using a TomTom Multi-Sport Cardio. But I wanted something that would do both activity tracking and work well for me running. So on BF I ordered a Garmin Vivoactive HR. I also wanted a device that would show my notifications. Very irritating to have to pull my phone arm band off when running to see email or text.
Title: Re: Heart Rate Wrist Monitors
Post by: NBPk402 on December 06, 2016, 06:06:44 PM
I am pretty happy with the FitBit Charge 2 that i picked up on Thanksgiving for $104 plus tax from Verizon (after $25 Visa Gift Card...should have the card soon). The only thing i wish is that it would send a text or email to a designated address if your heart drops below a preset notification level.
Title: Re: Heart Rate Wrist Monitors
Post by: ronman79 on December 06, 2016, 06:17:05 PM
I also wanted a device that would show my notifications. Very irritating to have to pull my phone arm band off when running to see email or text.

#firstworldproblems

 ;) 8)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal