AVS Discussions

HD Fury Integral - EOL

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
HD Fury Integral - EOL
« on: March 13, 2017, 01:10:22 PM »
HD Fury has stopped production of the Integral -

" The production of the most advanced splitter have stopped. Grab one before its too late. ".

" Because the industry enforced this request against content creator rights and because the first generation of 18Gbps Integrated Circuit aren't as reliable as needed for our customers needs...

... We decided to stop the production of the HDfury Integral, in order to show our good will and please the industry rulers but also in order to introduce some new concept and technology we have been working on over the past years. ".

AV Science has a few left in stock - just FYI.
Direct (585) 671-2972   craig@avscience.com
www.avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig

Re: HD Fury Integral - EOL
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 01:19:38 PM »
They advertised the same thing about the Hdfury4/3d, but they are still selling, so that looked more like a atempt to bump sales.. Hurry to get the last one tactic.. And i bet that its more a excuse to stop support/ firmware updates for the integral units.
The old BLACK IS Back..!!

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 02:00:55 PM »
They advertised the same thing about the Hdfury4/3d, but they are still selling, so that looked more like a atempt to bump sales.. Hurry to get the last one tactic.. And i bet that its more a excuse to stop support/ firmware updates for the integral units.

I think it may be replaced by the Linker though.
www.avscience.com
Twitter - @AVS_Craig

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 02:13:09 PM »
I think it may be replaced by the Linker though.

So why would anyone buy a integral if support gets non existing while the 4K/ UHD format is in total flux.?
Or has they oposit of earlier product anounced that they will keep supporting the integral for a specifik amount of years.?

The way i know Hdfury they are interested in selling new products, not supporting older products.
The old BLACK IS Back..!!

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 02:44:39 PM »
So why would anyone buy a integral if support gets non existing while the 4K/ UHD format is in total flux.?
Or has they oposit of earlier product anounced that they will keep supporting the integral for a specifik amount of years.?

The way i know Hdfury they are interested in selling new products, not supporting older products.

It's a great HDMI splitter, and the one I had worked just fine for my intended use ( converting HDR to SDR BT.2020 ). I don't see why you couldn't just use it until it became obsolete.  Like pretty much all electronics do - sooner or later.   
www.avscience.com
Twitter - @AVS_Craig

cjake

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 11:36:45 AM »
There will be a new device at the end of this year.    I think there is going to be a trade-up deal for those of us who currently have both the Integral and the Linker.   Based upon hints that HDFury has posted in threads on the other forum.
CJ