AVS Discussions
  Go Down

JVC DLA-RS500U not reving up fast enough to produce a 4K NETFLIX program

...I need to know if part of my not getting NETFLIX in 4K is because of the JVC projector.  Specifically, when I put on the DISH HOPPER receiver and select NETFLIX (among other problems getting the station), when the NETFLIX logo comes on the screen than disappears for about 15 seconds during which I can hear the projector revving up, the picture then reappears.  However, the % of downloading the program only goes to 25% and stops there and I can't go any further for no matter how long I wait. There are times when the JVC does make a more pronounced revving sound and then I'm able to get the program although, when the program starts, the video disappears so I'm forced to immediately freeze frame for an additional 15 or so seconds for the video to reappear!  Then, I can watch (Supernatural).

Is this, in part, a JVC problem?  Why does the JVC take so long to accept a handshake for 4K?  Does any one else have this or similar problems?

Before I call DISH AGAIN, please help.

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
Re: JVC DLA-RS500U not reving up fast enough to produce a 4K NETFLIX program
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 06:48:13 PM »
...I need to know if part of my not getting NETFLIX in 4K is because of the JVC projector.  Specifically, when I put on the DISH HOPPER receiver and select NETFLIX (among other problems getting the station), when the NETFLIX logo comes on the screen than disappears for about 15 seconds during which I can hear the projector revving up, the picture then reappears.  However, the % of downloading the program only goes to 25% and stops there and I can't go any further for no matter how long I wait. There are times when the JVC does make a more pronounced revving sound and then I'm able to get the program although, when the program starts, the video disappears so I'm forced to immediately freeze frame for an additional 15 or so seconds for the video to reappear!  Then, I can watch (Supernatural).

Is this, in part, a JVC problem?  Why does the JVC take so long to accept a handshake for 4K?  Does any one else have this or similar problems?

Before I call DISH AGAIN, please help.

The current JVC projectors can take 10 or 15 seconds to sync. Just plan accordingly. Hasn't stopped me from watching anything so far. 
Direct (585) 671-2972 8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific 
www.avscience.com  craig@avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig Sacramento CA area

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 09:23:56 PM »
The current JVC projectors can take 10 or 15 seconds to sync. Just plan accordingly. Hasn't stopped me from watching anything so far.

Craig,

...with my OPPO 83 (I think that's the number) as well as two Pioneer Elite blu-ray players the video/sound (of course, that's for dvd and blu-ray discs) start immediately.

...why is there such a sync. problem with the JVC...do they know about it?...it's just very frustrating to not be able to put a disc in a player and have imediate video/sound results.  I miss out on the studio trade mark with music before the menu appears and then, after starting the movie, the video again disappears for 15ish seconds only to reappear after the JVC goes through its revving system.

claw

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 01:19:09 AM »
This all sounds normal.   The 2016 JVCs take from 8-18 seconds to sync whenever there is a resolution / frame rate change.

Netflix has recently made it worse for us.  It used to be that once the JVC synced to the Netflix content, you could stop playback and start another without losing picture.  But now, anytime you stop playback the screen goes gray and you wait for 10 seconds or so before you see the menu.   Then when you start playback again, another blank screen until the resolution change is complete.
JVC RS500/LG OLED/Denon X6400H 7.2.4/Panasonic UB820/Oppo 203/AppleTV 4K/FireStick 4K/HDfury Diva/MadVR RTX2080Ti

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 02:00:06 AM »
This all sounds normal.   The 2016 JVCs take from 8-18 seconds to sync whenever there is a resolution / frame rate change.

Netflix has recently made it worse for us.  It used to be that once the JVC synced to the Netflix content, you could stop playback and start another without losing picture.  But now, anytime you stop playback the screen goes gray and you wait for 10 seconds or so before you see the menu.   Then when you start playback again, another blank screen until the resolution change is complete.

cjake,

Thank you very much for enlightening me!  I thought I was the only one in the world who had such heart ache!  Oh, well, maybe time will change things regarding all this either at the DISH/NETFLIX end and/or the JVC end.  Perhaps
others are having the same problems but are not necessarily posting on web sites.

AVSMike

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 11:41:48 AM »
Yes, there is a delay when the JVC sync's up. Has been talked about a lot early on. So much so, that no one really discusses it much anymore.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 12:02:58 PM »
Yes, there is a delay when the JVC sync's up. Has been talked about a lot early on. So much so, that no one really discusses it much anymore.

Mike,

Is there anything that JVC can do to correct this?

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 12:25:28 PM »

Is that only with 4K, or any content - 1080p included - on Netflix ? I certainly don't have that problem with 1080p content on Dish. I can pause and re-start to my hearts content with no re-sync issue.

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 12:26:01 PM »
Mike,

Is there anything that JVC can do to correct this?

Not with the current projectors most likely.

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2017, 01:37:22 PM »
Not with the current projectors most likely.

Craig,

...well...that's encouraging...

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2017, 02:25:36 PM »
I have been able to watch 4K You Tube videos without problem, so I'm not sure what is the issue. But, I don't have Netflix, so I can't play along and test things with you. 

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2017, 04:58:47 PM »
I have been able to watch 4K You Tube videos without problem, so I'm not sure what is the issue. But, I don't have Netflix, so I can't play along and test things with you.

Thanks, Craig

The irony in what you posted is that I, too, have You Tube videos without problem because DISH NETWORK does not, as yet, broadcast them in 4K (and, if some one tells me I'm wrong, I'm ready to jump off a bridge!)

AVSMike

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2017, 05:55:18 PM »
The delay in the projector syncing should not have anything to do with not receiving 4K. The delay is just that, a slight delay. It happens with 1080P. I usually start 1080P netflix, after a few seconds, I get audio and then after a few more seconds, video shows up. This is from Netflix off of an HTPC.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2017, 08:53:39 PM »
Thanks, Craig

The irony in what you posted is that I, too, have You Tube videos without problem because DISH NETWORK does not, as yet, broadcast them in 4K (and, if some one tells me I'm wrong, I'm ready to jump off a bridge!)

I watched 4k You Tube videos off my Samsung 4K player. Not Dish.

claw

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2017, 12:12:52 AM »
I use the Samsung UHD player to view YouTube videos on my JVC RS500.   Videos are encoded in various resolutions and frame rate. 

Every time I play a 4K60 video followed by a 4K24 video, the JVC has to resync to the video and it takes around 10 seconds.   And again when playing a 4K60 after a 4K24.    Even the commercial advertisements can cause a resync.   Some of them are 60Hz and others 24Hz.    As I mentioned, I just hit the pause button on the Samsung player remote as soon as I hear audio and wait for the video to sync.

Same resync issue with 4K Netflix and Amazon Video content.

And the same video resync occurs between the Samsung player Home screen (60Hz) and UHD disc playback (24Hz).   And the same with my Directv 4K box when I change channels and the frame rate differs between 4K60 and 4K24.  And even between 1080i and 720p channels so I have my AVR upscale all non-4K cable signals to 1080p.

There is nothing that can be done about this.   We just learn to live with it.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 12:19:49 AM by cjake »
JVC RS500/LG OLED/Denon X6400H 7.2.4/Panasonic UB820/Oppo 203/AppleTV 4K/FireStick 4K/HDfury Diva/MadVR RTX2080Ti

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal