AVS Discussions

We have two contest winners!

We have two contest winners!
« on: December 10, 2016, 03:00:00 PM »
"richlife69" and "ellisr63" are the winners of the Oppo UltraHD Blu-ray player contest. Congratulations to each of them!

ellisr63

• Surfing in the Home Theater
Re: We have two contest winners!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 08:52:17 AM »
Thank you very much for the Oppo player, this will be a nice addition to our living room setup, and finally allow us to watch 4K movies. This is a awesome Xmas present! I also would like to congratulate richlife69, as we are both very lucky to have won this.
Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) diy synergy horn 2 ways,, 4 JBL 8340As, 4 JBL 8320s, PS3, XBoxOne, Monoprice speaker wire, and XLR cables, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster HTPS7000, 2 Furman filters, SeymourAV 195" diagonal scope screen, Panamorph UH-480, Darbee Darcet, diy 14 channel Ice Power amp

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 10:51:41 AM »
Thank you very much for the Oppo player, this will be a nice addition to our living room setup, and finally allow us to watch 4K movies. This is a awesome Xmas present! I also would like to congratulate richlife69, as we are both very lucky to have won this.

It could end up being a late Christmas present. Do not have a release date for dealers yet. Once again congratulations. :)
Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Carada, Da-Lite, Vutec, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan, Def Tech, RBH, M&K and many other brands.

richlife69

• Let's find some grass and roll in it!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 01:11:18 PM »
I also can really only say "thanks".  This is such a great "Christmas present" (late or not).  JD sent me a congratulatory note last evening and, as I said to my wife this morning, it was difficult to sleep last night with visions of OPPO sugar plums dancing in my head.   ;D

Sorry to be late in responding -- believe me, no lack of gratitude.  I told JD, somehow I feel "honored".  But our overnight trip took us to a location with a bad router and I had no internet for the day.  Home now -- and still smiling...  So happy to see you also were so favored, ellisr63.  I've been enjoying all those excellent posts you started.   :)
Atmos/DTS:X Setup
Yamaha RX-A3060 w/ Elan Z-Fan; Config: 7.2.4 (switchable to 7.2.2 + Zone2)
Mirage Speakers: OM-6 (FLR), MC-si (C), OM-R2 (SLR), FRx-nine (BLR); ELAC A4s (FP), RSL C34Es (RP)
aci Titan subs (2) RP amp: AudioSource AMP100VS
OPPO 203;  LG OLED65B6; Harmony 650 and Hub

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 03:03:25 PM »
Congrats to you two winners!

HOW ABOUT AVSDISCUSSIONS HAVING ANOTHER OPPO 203 CONTEST FOR JANUARY?

(Not yelling, just expressing a super suggestion/recommendation).

bmoney

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 06:51:22 AM »
congrats guys!! 

im out of town on a conference so I havnt been online much....but congrats...little jelly

richlife69

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 12:55:21 PM »
And today as has already been posted in the OPPO 203 thread, it is officially announced, available and technical specs are posted.  http://oppodigital.com/blu-ray-udp-203/

I just got my notification from OPPO -- actually my first awareness of it when gmail passed the delivery in front of my eyes.  Now our wait truly begins.  <sigh>  At least the rest of you can have the pleasure of ordering and may well receive yours before ellisr63 and I.   :-\  More power to you -- just be sure you let us know what we're missing.   :)
Mirage Speakers: OM-6 (FLR), MC-si (C), OM-R2 (SLR), FRx-nine (BLR); ELAC A4s (FP), RSL C34Es (RP)

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 01:03:13 PM »
And today as has already been posted in the OPPO 203 thread, it is officially announced, available and technical specs are posted.  http://oppodigital.com/blu-ray-udp-203/

I just got my notification from OPPO -- actually my first awareness of it when gmail passed the delivery in front of my eyes.  Now our wait truly begins.  <sigh>  At least the rest of you can have the pleasure of ordering and may well receive yours before ellisr63 and I.   :-\  More power to you -- just be sure you let us know what we're missing.   :)

You are probably just missing early software bugs that will be ironed out by the time you ( and I ) get ours !
Direct (585) 671-2972   craig@avscience.com
www.avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig

bmoney

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 07:46:44 AM »
so ellisr posts 10 times a day to win the 203 then doesnt post anymore? lmao  jk

where have you been?

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 08:25:07 AM »
On holiday drinking cocktails and watching movies in his theater perhaps ?  :)
www.avscience.com
Twitter - @AVS_Craig

ellisr63

• Surfing in the Home Theater
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 08:59:20 AM »
so ellisr posts 10 times a day to win the 203 then doesnt post anymore? lmao  jk

where have you been?
I have been working on my Network. I have been installing a new i5 Asus PC, 2 Cisco Switches, a Cisco Router, and a Ubiquiti WIFI access point, and I am trying to get integrated into our setup. Getting close now to having it setup nice, and fast again. I also have been working on my Media Servers, as i have switched to Plex. Getting all of this setup takes more time than I thought it would be.
Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) diy synergy horn 2 ways,, 4 JBL 8340As, 4 JBL 8320s, PS3, XBoxOne, Monoprice speaker wire, and XLR cables, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster HTPS7000, 2 Furman filters, SeymourAV 195" diagonal scope screen, Panamorph UH-480, Darbee Darcet, diy 14 channel Ice Power amp

bmoney

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 10:39:22 AM »
On holiday drinking cocktails and watching movies in his theater perhaps ?  :)

probably and he knows he can drink 549$ worth of booze now hahahah

bmoney

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017, 10:39:35 AM »
I have been working on my Network. I have been installing a new i5 Asus PC, 2 Cisco Switches, a Cisco Router, and a Ubiquiti WIFI access point, and I am trying to get integrated into our setup. Getting close now to having it setup nice, and fast again. I also have been working on my Media Servers, as i have switched to Plex. Getting all of this setup takes more time than I thought it would be.

cool!  good to have you back :)

AVSCraig

• AV Science, Inc
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2017, 10:47:51 AM »

probably and he knows he can drink 549$ worth of booze now hahahah

Not hard to do with wine in my house.
www.avscience.com
Twitter - @AVS_Craig

richlife69

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2017, 01:44:14 PM »

I'm always amazed at how improving one thing leads to another and...  And then you get into the tech and find even more. 

But good timing for this network stuff -- you be busy with other thing soon I suspect...