AVS Discussions
  Go Down

Tapatalk

AVSMike

Tapatalk
« on: December 02, 2016, 02:41:51 PM »
Have had a few people ask me about Tapatalk. We have looked into it, but do not like their terms of service. To use Tapatalk, you have to agree to let them cache our site for use in direct advertising to our members based on content. We are working on another solution.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

bmoney

Re: Tapatalk
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 02:49:19 PM »
excellent cause I am on here alot on my phone..and right now its cumbersome
SadieMax 2,0 Build thread

Nad t758v3 
7.4.4 diysoundgroup 1099's (3) 
Volt 6 (8 ) 
18" SI subs (4) 
diy 130" 2.40 spandex screen
minidsp 2x4HD
JVC rs600
Lumagen radiance pro 4242
Nvidia shield pro
Emby NAS media player

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 03:32:42 PM »
Thanks for checking, Mike!  That's unfortunate :-[...it's what I use for the forums on both my phone AND my Tablet.  And, it's most of my downtime/personal use.  It's easy, quick, responsive, and formatted for the personal devices. I'm only on here at work (occasionally) because of desktop use....

AVSMike

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 09:12:43 AM »
Thanks for checking, Mike!  That's unfortunate :-[...it's what I use for the forums on both my phone AND my Tablet.  And, it's most of my downtime/personal use.  It's easy, quick, responsive, and formatted for the personal devices. I'm only on here at work (occasionally) because of desktop use....

Yes, but we want this site to be without advertisements. Going that route, all of our posters using Tapatalk would get hit with pop up ads. That is the catch with Tapatalk. We are working on a system that works for your phone, but does not have the pop up ads.
My Baffle Wall System: https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=124.msg902#msg902

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Da-Lite, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan & more.

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 11:16:06 AM »
I can understand that, and appreciate it.  I don't ever have a problem with ads on Tapatalk...maybe because I'm using Pro...And, for those who do, they probably have other forums that they're keeping up with.  For example, it's a one stop shop for me with the other forum, a Walther forum, and a couple Kamado grilling forums...

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 08:32:02 AM »
You can RSS everything here. No need, get updates in your inbox.

Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal