AVS Discussions

TT, shakers, buttkickers...etc

bmoney

TT, shakers, buttkickers...etc
« on: November 25, 2016, 02:20:53 PM »
I had buttkickers...but felt they were gimmicky even after much calibration

just installed a crowson TT and it is the closest thing to replicate being on a suspended floor that I have ever felt...and iM on a concrete slab

highly recommended...but pricey!

ellisr63

• Surfing in the Home Theater
Re: TT, shakers, buttkickers...etc
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 04:10:38 PM »
I have thought about going with some shakers in the past, but every time I think about it something comes up to dissuade me into going that route. Do you run one per chair on your setup? In my setup... I am assuming I would need 4 which then makes it get expensive.
Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) diy synergy horn 2 ways,, 4 JBL 8340As, 4 JBL 8320s, PS3, XBoxOne, Monoprice speaker wire, and XLR cables, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster HTPS7000, 2 Furman filters, SeymourAV 195" diagonal scope screen, Panamorph UH-480, Darbee Darcet, diy 14 channel Ice Power amp

bmoney

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 04:55:05 AM »
I have thought about going with some shakers in the past, but every time I think about it something comes up to dissuade me into going that route. Do you run one per chair on your setup? In my setup... I am assuming I would need 4 which then makes it get expensive.

literally the exact same thing here...and i finally bit the bullet

I have one for my 3 seat HT loveseat and its PLENTY...im sure as with all things HT the more the merrier but...IM good since Im the onlyn one that cares about this stuff

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 09:52:50 PM »
I have a pair of the shakers and amp that I have tried several times. Every time I try them it just feels strange. Like they shake at the wrong time or something... Not so bad for movies but for music its really weird. Maybe I have never adjusted them correctly. If you want to try them Ron let me know.

ellisr63

• Surfing in the Home Theater
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 08:19:37 AM »
I have a pair of the shakers and amp that I have tried several times. Every time I try them it just feels strange. Like they shake at the wrong time or something... Not so bad for movies but for music its really weird. Maybe I have never adjusted them correctly. If you want to try them Ron let me know.
I have heard that some people add delays to them to get them into sync with the other subs. Are you running them through a crossover?
Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) diy synergy horn 2 ways,, 4 JBL 8340As, 4 JBL 8320s, PS3, XBoxOne, Monoprice speaker wire, and XLR cables, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster HTPS7000, 2 Furman filters, SeymourAV 195" diagonal scope screen, Panamorph UH-480, Darbee Darcet, diy 14 channel Ice Power amp

bmoney

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 09:08:38 AM »

crowsons are on another level from shakers...they are MUCH more realistic..i had buttkickers and didnt csre for the gimickness

AVSCraig

• Home Theater Lover / Sales / Advice
    • AV Science, Inc
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 10:27:35 AM »

I wasn't aware people used butt kickers with music - that would be strange. Try the 1812 Overture !  ;D
Direct (585) 671-2972   craig@avscience.com
www.avscience.com
We carry projectors, screens, speakers, receivers etc. !!
Twitter - @AVS_Craig