AVS Discussions

Woofer,s Home Theatre

Woofer,s Home Theatre
« on: September 23, 2017, 02:42:04 AM »
I built a dedicated room separate from the main dwelling about 3 years ago. It started as a dedicated 2 channel room , but missed the "Home Theatre " Aspect...so after many modifications the room is now 80% HT 20% Audio..

Room is 5.4mtrs wide x 8mtrs long ..front wall 2.6mtrs high, rear wall 3.4mtrs high.

Display
JVC DLA 20LTD ( ordered and secured) to replace JVC DLA X9500
Screen in an OZ Theatre 143" Scope screen

Video source,s
Panasonic UB900
Oppo 203
Pioneer LX88
HTPC

Amplification.
Esoteric S-02 Power amp
Denon AVCA1 XVA Still run a 7.1 System

Audio
Esoteric K-01 SACD
Esoteric C-02 Preamp
Esoteric E-03 Phono Stage

Analog
VPI Classic Signature fully optioned.
3D Printed Tonearms with Lyra Delos and Lyra Kleos carts.

Speakers
Duntech Sovereign as mains
Custom front Centre
Energy Bipole/Dipole side and rears
SVS PB 2000 Sub,s

Pretty much everything sits on Stillpoint Ultra 5,s or Ultra SS

Cabling
Telos
Purist Audio
Siltech

Couple of pics....will add more shortly..

Re: Woofer,s Home Theatre
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 12:00:00 PM »
Nice room. Should make for a wonderful HT experience.
Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Carada, Da-Lite, Vutec, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan, Def Tech, RBH, M&K and many other brands.

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 02:16:30 AM »
Change of plan.....Cancelled the 20LTD and have a JVC DLA Z1/RS4500 on the way..  :)

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 07:30:43 AM »
Change of plan.....Cancelled the 20LTD and have a JVC DLA Z1/RS4500 on the way..  :)

That is a big change. Everybody that we have sold one to, love theirs.
Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

JVC, Sony, Epson, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Stewart, Seymour, Screen Innovations, Screen Excellence, DNP, Carada, Da-Lite, Vutec, Triad, SVS, Martin Logan, Def Tech, RBH, M&K and many other brands.

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 10:44:41 PM »
Now to finish my mounting setup.

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 06:56:51 AM »
Looking forward to your thoughts on the projector. :)
Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com

« Reply #6 on: Today at 12:09:29 AM »
As you can see in the pics.... i have "had my finger out" adding extra support beams to my rear wall  internally and externally ......and made a custom mount which i am very happy with.. :)

I arranged for a couple of friends to come around this morning to provide some combined muscle.. :thumb:  Got the PJ onto the mount, drank a few cans of coke and then set about putting my room back in order.

Right......last few hours i have been viewing the Z1.... Basically i am "Over the moon" !!!!!!:)  It is honestly beyond  my expectations!!!

The clarity and depth of the image is truly insane....... i swear the contrast looks to be on the same level as the X9900 and X9500  i have just had set up in my room :ohmy:  The dynamic laser dimming is excellent, and a fade to black is a fade to black as the laser completely shuts off!

The lack of image noise that always irritated me with the E-Shift is completely gone,  i now understand just what users of this thing meant when they referred to a "Calm" 'Noise free" image.

Brightness.....have it in spades...  Bluray "Med" laser Iris -8 ........HDR   "Max" Laser  iris -5 . .......  Med Laser is as quiet as the E-shift unit on Low lamp ....Max Laser is "Slightly" louder than High Lamp on the E-Shift units.

So, absolutely couldn't be happier.. :)